Big dreams often require big savings, and one way to build up your bank is to kick your costly habits. Starbucks and DoorDash might seem like quick and convenient ways to treat yourself, but we’re big believers in swapping the spendy stuff in favor of finding financial freedom.
Life’s expenses can be surprising, but cutting back on at least one thing adds up in the long run.
At The Penny Hoarder, we’re all about empowering people to make smart choices with their money. To help someone jumpstart their savings account, we’re going to pay one person $5,000 to kick one of their most persistent spending habits and save money for 30 days — that’s long enough to find a new, happier way to hoard your pennies.
If you’re looking for a fun challenge to change up your spending habits, apply now!
What’s the Job?
We’re hiring a Penny Hoarding Specialist to curb one area of their spending while they kick start their savings account. If selected, you’ll track your spending and saving during the 30 days and report back to us on the experience.
The challenge could be as simple as spending less on something by staying home or replacing one habit with another, more frugal one. And if you need help with your budget, try one of our favorite expense tracking apps.
Who Are We Looking for?
If you know you could cut out one expense in your life to save more, we’d like to hear from you. We’re open to all kinds of ideas, but here are a few examples of what we might like to see:
- Do you always make a stop at the coffee shop to buy a large drink and treats? Make your morning brew at home instead and enjoy the view from your window.
- How many times did you order delivery last month? You could try meal planning more with your family — make it a fun group activity.
- Are you an online shopping superstar? Maybe you’ll love the idea of becoming a thrift store hero and posting your favorite finds.
What Will You Get?
Our Penny Hoarding Specialist will receive $5,000 as payment for completing the challenge and we’ll interview you for a story in The Penny Hoarder!
What Will You Do?
After being selected for the job, you’ll cut out one costly habit for 30 days and funnel that money into savings, tracking your progress each week during the challenge. We’ll also want you to keep notes of how you’re feeling about the experience.
Once the 30 days are up, you’ll report how much money you saved and how the challenge went. (Was it easier or harder than you thought? Did you stumble along the way? What advice would you give someone else trying this challenge?)
Dates and Details
Applications are open from August 30, 2021, to September 19, 2021.
We’ll announce our Penny Hoarding Specialist on September 30.
Who Can Qualify?
Everyone can challenge themselves to save, but applicants for this job must be 18 years or older and eligible to work in the United States.
How Do You Apply?
Start Building Your Savings
We’re happy you checked out this savings challenge and hope you plan on applying. Although we’ll select only one candidate, we know everyone could use some friendly tips and reminders to keep their cash flow going toward savings.
We also recognize that the pandemic left millions with wiped-out emergency savings, and now up to 31% of Americans have trouble saving as much as they used to. But hopefully, by avoiding overspending and protecting your financial future during the pandemic, you can get back on track.
We all want more financial freedom and less money-related stress. Check out our other articles:
Terms and conditions
- The promoter of the Penny Hoarding Specialist Dream Job (the “Dream Job”) is Clear Link Technologies, LLC d/b/a The Penny Hoarder (“Promoter”), whose principal office is located at 5202 W Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.
- Employees of the Promoter or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the Dream Job or helping to set up the Dream Job shall not be permitted to enter.
- Dream Job is open to residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 18 years or older as of August 30, 2021, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the state’s laws where you reside to apply for the Dream Job.
- DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO APPLY FOR THIS DREAM JOB. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by applicants will not improve one’s chances of being selected for the Dream Job.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this Dream Job, applicants waive all right to and hold the Promoter harmless from any claim, liability, loss, injury, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this Dream Job or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The Promoter will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect applications; an applicant’s failure to receive prize notices due to applicant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for applicants’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this Dream Job; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the applications in this Dream Job; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the Dream Job, or announcement of the Recipient of the Dream Job (“Recipient”).
- The route to enter the Dream Job and details on how to apply are available at https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/side-gigs/cut-spending-dream-job/. Individuals may apply by filling out the application form on The Penny Hoarder website.
- Promoter will start accepting applications on August 30th, 2021 at 8 a.m. EDT. Closing date for entry will be September 19th, 2021 at 11 p.m. EDT. After this date, no further applications to the Dream Job will be permitted.
- Applicants will be evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
- Promoter shall select one (1) Recipient from the entire pool of eligible applicants. Recipient will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by Promoter’s employees.
- Promoter shall notify the Recipient of her/his/their selection as the Dream Job Recipient on September 30, 2021. If the Recipient cannot be contacted, is not eligible, or does not claim the opportunity to participate in the Dream Job within 7 days of notification, Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient and pick a replacement Recipient.
- INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR ACKNOWLEDGMENT: The Recipient acknowledges that participation in the Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by acceptance of the Dream Job. The Recipient has no authority to bind Promoter to contracts, or make any agreement or representations without Promoter’s written consent. The Recipient shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by Promoter to its employees. Promoter is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient’s behalf. Recipient acknowledges that the sums received pursuant to this Dream Job are subject to all applicable taxes. The Recipient is solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- Dream Job consists of tracking the Recipient’s spending and savings for 30 days in a Google Sheet that The Penny Hoarder will provide. The Promoter will notify the Recipient on how to complete the Dream Job requirements. The recipient must adhere to the Dream Job conditions in order to be paid the full $5,000 stipend.
- This Dream Job is conducted by Promoter and is in no way endorsed, administered by, or associated with any third parties or third party products mentioned or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the Dream Job, the Recipient will receive a one-time payment of $5000.00 USD. Promoter shall distribute funds no later than 90 days following the Recipient’s completion of the Dream Job requirements.
- No cash alternative to the Dream Job will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Dream Job is not transferable.
- Where legally required, the Recipient’s name will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient’s name, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5202 W Douglas Corrigan Way, Salt Lake City, UT 84116.
- Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
- Promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
- By submitting an application for this Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This dream job is administered by The Penny Hoarder and is not affiliated with, sponsored by, or endorsed by any of the parties mentioned above.