The virtual INVEST Precision Medicine conference set for June 9-11 will include a series of conversations with healthcare industry experts on healthcare and life science innovation spanning pediatric medicine, biopharma research and development, non-dilutive funding and, of course, startups.
To view the agenda, click here.
One panel will explore milestones and new developments in the area of pediatrics and precision medicine, from bioinformatics and genome mapping to addressing challenges of big data in developing therapies for rare disease and pediatric cancer. Among the speakers are:
- Samuel Blackman, MD, PhD, Co-Founder and Chief Medical Officer, Day One Biopharmaceuticals (moderator)
- Josh Bonkowsky, MD, PhD, Medical Director of the Primary Children’s Center for Personalized Medicine, Intermountain Healthcare
- Tomi Pastinen, MD, PhD, Director, Genomic Medicine Center, Children’s Mercy Kansas City
- Peter White, PhD, Senior Director of The Steve & Cindy Rasmussen Institute for Genomic Medicine, Nationwide Children’s Hospital
A discussion on biologics and supply chains will address the challenges of orchestrating the production and delivery of complex therapies. The speakers include:
- Frank Vinluan, Senior Reporter, MedCity News (moderator)
- Joe DePinto, Chief Commercial Officer, Vineti
- Jason Foster, CEO, Ori Biotech
- Claudia Zylberberg, PhD, Founder & CEO, Akron Biotechnology
The state of precision medicine will provide a broad overview of where we are and where we need to go to make the promise and potential of precision medicine a reality. Among the speakers are:
- Jonathan Hirsch, Founder, Syapse (moderator)
- Alina Neuberger, MD, Senior Medical Director, Medical Affairs, CVS Caremark
- David Spetzler, PhD, President and Chief Scientific Officer, Caris Life Sciences
- Nephi Walton, MD, Associate Medical Director of Precision Genomics, Intermountain Healthcare
There will also be a panel on non-dilutive funding sources for biopharma and medtech startups from government research and industry grants to industry partnerships and venture debt. The speakers include:
The startup pitch contest, Pitch Perfect will spotlight startups across health IT and life sciences tracks.
So far the Health IT track includes:
The life science track includes:
Photo: SusanneB, GettyImages
Business News Governmental News Finance News