It must be pretty cool to have Dwayne Johnson as a father. Not only is he a world-class athlete, he’s managed to successfully crossover into acting in a pretty big way. Dwayne’s films, or The Rock as we like to call him, have grossed upwards of $10.5 billion worldwide — and a lot of them are blockbuster kids’ movies like Moana, Jumanji, and Trolls World Tour.
Yea, he’s kind of a big deal. But not only does he show up professionally, he puts in personal work on the frontlines as a husband and father too. The Rock’s got three girls — his eldest Simone (who’s pursuing a professional wrestling career like her dad), and two daughters, Jasmine and Tiana, with second wife Lauren Hashian. It’s no question, The Rock is a rare find when it comes to talent and athleticism, but he’s also the most dedicated dad and when he’s with his girls, he glows in a way that is truly heartwarming.
At the start of the COVID-19 pandemic, he posted a video of himself entertaining his youngest daughter before bed. If you follow him on Instagram, you know his girls love when he sings the songs from their favorite kids’ movies. In this case, he was singing his own track “You’re Welcome” from Moana.
“And for the 1,927th time I will sing ‘You’re Welcome’ to baby Tia as part of our nightly daddy/daughter [negotiation] to go to bed!” he wrote, adding “It. Never. Ends. But truth is, spending all this time at home with my ladies has been a real silver lining blessing in this craziness we’re all experiencing. And for the record, she still has no idea that her daddy is actually ‘Maui’ from Moana.”
It’s all too cute. Check out more sweet daddy/daughter moments from The Rock below, as the icon joins our ongoing Black Dad Appreciation list.
1. Jazzy shows off her athletic ability at just 4 years old.
2. Little Tia has no idea who her father is and it’s kind of adorable.
3. The Rock takes a beautiful selfie with his baby girl Jazz.
4. Celebrating his first-born daughter, Simone, as she follows in his footsteps.
5. Christmas morning is special in the Johnson household.
6. The Rock makes a promise to his baby girl on her 4th birthday.
7. This is how he celebrated his Jumanji success.
8. Naps can happen anywhere, anytime.
9. It’s 5 o’clock somewhere!
10. Tying the knot, surrounded by family and friends.
11. Be accountable, get back up, dust yourself off, laugh, and keep on going down the road.
12. Like father, like daughter.
13. Little Jazzy is a lil’ jokester too, if you weren’t aware.
14. High school graduation with his first baby girl.
15. The Rock knows what’s truly important in life. We love it and we salute you, king.
Business News Governmental News Finance News