The No. 19 Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0) meet the No. 23 BYU Cougars (2-0) at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo, Utah. The Cougars,on the moneyline to win, welcome the Sun Devils, listed at on the spread, on September 18, 2021 at 10:15 PM ET on ESPN. A point total of points has been set for the matchup.
Before making a bet on this game, read this article where we give you the best available odds and dig into everything you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, stats, trends and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Arizona State Vs. BYU Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Arizona State Offense Vs. BYU Defense
|Sun Devils Offense||Stats (Rank)||Cougars Defense|
|39.0 (31)||Points/Gm||16.5 (38)|
|443.0 (42)||Yards/Gm||383.0 (87)|
|187.0 (94)||Pass Yards/Gm||246.0 (95)|
|256.0 (15)||Rush Yards/Gm||137.0 (70)|
|8.0 (55)||Yards/Pass||6.6 (63)|
|5.9 (18)||Yards/Rush||4.6 (95)|
|52.0% (18)||3rd Down %||26.9% (19)|
|3 (79)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|2 (51)||Sacks||4 (19)|
BYU Offense Vs. Arizona State Defense
|BYU Offense||Stats (Rank)||Arizona State Defense|
|25.0 (93)||Points/Gm||12.0 (18)|
|374.0 (77)||Yards/Gm||189.5 (8)|
|178.0 (97)||Pass Yards/Gm||106.5 (9)|
|196.0 (46)||Rush Yards/Gm||83.0 (28)|
|6.0 (103)||Yards/Pass||4.3 (6)|
|4.9 (48)||Yards/Rush||2.9 (37)|
|48.4% (30)||3rd Down %||32.0% (42)|
|0 (1)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|1 (24)||Sacks||2 (58)|
When Arizona State Has The Ball
- The Sun Devils rank 18th with 5.9 yards per carry, compared to the 4.6 per rush the Cougars allow (95th in the FBS).
- Arizona State’s rushing game ranks 15th in the FBS (256.0 yards per game), while BYU allows 137.0 per game (70th-ranked run defense).
- The Cougars’ defense ranks 87th in yards allowed per game (383.0), while the Sun Devils’ offense is 42nd in college football at 443.0 yards per game.
- Arizona State has given up two sacks to rank 51st in college football. BYU’s defense has four (19th-most).
When BYU Has The Ball
- The Cougars average 6.0 yards per pass attempt (103rd in the FBS) compared to the 4.3 per pass the Sun Devils allow (sixth in college football).
- BYU averages 178.0 yards through the air per game (97th in the FBS). Arizona State ranks ninth, giving up 106.5 passing yards.
- The Sun Devils have the 18th-ranked scoring defense (12.0 points per game). The Cougars’ 93rd-ranked scoring offense puts up 25.0 points per game.
- BYU is 77th in college football, gaining 374.0 yards per game, while Arizona State ranks eighth in yards allowed (189.5).
Arizona State Betting Trends And Insights
- The Sun Devils have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 3.5-point favorites.
- The Sun Devils have been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
BYU Betting Trends And Insights
- BYU has won one game against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have won their only game this year when playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs.
- The Cougars won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Arizona State Players To Watch
- Jayden Daniels has thrown for 307 yards while completing 73.2% of his passes (30-of-41), with two touchdowns and one interception this year (153.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 19 times for 165 yards, averaging 82.5 yards per game.
- So far this year Rachaad White has rushed for 148 yards on 29 carries (74.0 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns. White also figures in the passing game, catching six passes for 52 (26.0 ypg).
- Ricky Pearsall has six catches and paces his team with 65 receiving yards (32.5 ypg).
- LV Bunkley-Shelton has also contributed with six receptions for 65 yards and one touchdown.
- Johnny Wilson has caught six passes for 60 yards and one touchdown, averaging 30.0 yards per game this year.
BYU Players To Watch
- Jaren Hall has thrown for 347 yards while completing 62.1% of his passes (36-of-58), with five touchdowns and zero interceptions this year (173.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 13 times for 128 yards, averaging 64.0 yards per game.
- Tyler Allgeier has taken 44 attempts for a team-leading 196 rushing yards (98.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- This season Neil Pau’u has 11 receptions for a team-high 145 receiving yards (72.5 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Keanu Hill has added 55 yards (on four catches).
- Puka Nacua is averaging 37.0 yards per game, racking up four receptions for 37 yards.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News