MAC opponents meet when the Ball State Cardinals (3-3, 1-1 MAC) hit the field against the Eastern Michigan Eagles (4-2, 1-1 MAC). The Eagles (moneyline odds to win) will welcome the Cardinals ( ) on October 16, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET. A total of points has been set for the matchup.
In this article we break down what you need before placing a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats, plus updated odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 16, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Ball State Vs. Eastern Michigan Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Ball State Offense Vs. Eastern Michigan Defense
|Cardinals Offense||Stats (Rank)||Eagles Defense|
|23.5 (101)||Points/Gm||22.8 (51)|
|319.2 (113)||Yards/Gm||389.8 (82)|
|214.8 (80)||Pass Yards/Gm||199.3 (41)|
|104.3 (113)||Rush Yards/Gm||190.5 (107)|
|6.5 (103)||Yards/Pass||6.9 (54)|
|3.2 (113)||Yards/Rush||4.7 (103)|
|36.8% (83)||3rd Down %||38.0% (71)|
|7 (71)||Turnovers||6 (65)|
|11 (95)||Sacks||12 (18)|
Eastern Michigan Offense Vs. Ball State Defense
|Eastern Michigan Offense||Stats (Rank)||Ball State Defense|
|29.3 (64)||Points/Gm||28.0 (86)|
|356.8 (93)||Yards/Gm||401.2 (86)|
|231.5 (62)||Pass Yards/Gm||219.3 (56)|
|125.3 (93)||Rush Yards/Gm||181.8 (102)|
|8.1 (44)||Yards/Pass||7.9 (88)|
|3.4 (107)||Yards/Rush||4.1 (71)|
|44.9% (35)||3rd Down %||34.6% (40)|
|6 (55)||Turnovers||8 (27)|
|11 (95)||Sacks||10 (43)|
When Ball State Has The Ball
- The Cardinals have conceded 11 sacks to rank 95th in college football. The Eagles’ defense has totaled 12 (18th-most).
- Ball State’s offense ranks 101st in the FBS at 23.5 points per game. Eastern Michigan gives up 22.8 per game (51st in college football).
- The Cardinals average 6.5 yards per pass attempt (103rd in the FBS) compared to the 6.9 per pass the Eagles give up (54th in college football).
- Ball State averages 214.8 passing yards per game (80th in the FBS). It will be up against takes on the Eagles’ defense which ranks 41st, giving up 199.3 yards per game through the air.
When Eastern Michigan Has The Ball
- The Eagles have allowed 11 sacks to rank 95th in college football. The Cardinals’ defense has totaled 10 (43rd-most).
- Eastern Michigan averages 8.1 yards per pass attempt (44th in the FBS), and Ball State allows 7.9 per pass (88th in college football).
- The Eagles average 3.4 yards per carry (107th in college football) compared to the 4.1 per rushing attempt the Cardinals give up (71st in the FBS).
- Eastern Michigan is the FBS’ 55th-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (6), and are up against the 27th-ranked team in turnovers forced, Ball State (8).
Ball State Betting Trends And Insights
- Ball State has a record of 2-3-0 against the spread this season.
- So far this season, two of Ball State’s games have gone over the point total.
- Ball State’s games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 55 points three times.
- This is the first time this season the Cardinals are playing as the moneyline favorite.
Eastern Michigan Betting Trends And Insights
- Eastern Michigan has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have covered the spread once this year (1-2 ATS) when playing as at least 1-point underdogs.
- Eastern Michigan’s games have gone over the point total twice this season.
- Eastern Michigan and its opponents have scored more than 55 combined points twice this season.
- The Eagles have entered the game as underdogs three times this season and won once.
Ball State Players To Watch
- Drew Plitt leads the team with 1,157 passing yards (192.8 yards per game) and has a 60.9% completion percentage this year (103-of-169) while throwing eight touchdowns with three interceptions.
- Carson Steele has churned out a team-best 241 rushing yards (40.2 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Will Jones has rushed for 195 yards on 57 carries (32.5 yards per game), with two touchdowns on the ground this year.
- Justin Hall has 34 catches and paces his team with 416 receiving yards (69.3 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Jayshon Jackson has added 25 receptions for 302 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Yo’Heinz Tyler is averaging 39.5 yards per game, with 19 catches for 237 yards and three touchdowns.
Eastern Michigan Players To Watch
- This year, Ben Bryant has put up 1,219 passing yards (203.2 yards per game) while going 94-for-142 (66.2% completion percentage) and throwing seven touchdowns and two interceptions.
- Jawon Hamilton has 50 carries for a team-high 279 rushing yards (55.8 per game) and three touchdowns.
- So far this year Darius Boone has run for 275 yards on 71 carries (45.8 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- Hassan Beydoun has 35 catches and paces his team with 412 receiving yards (68.7 ypg) while scoring one touchdown.
- Dylan Drummond has contributed with 333 yards on 27 catches and two touchdowns. He puts up 55.5 receiving yards per game this year.
- Zach Westmoreland has 182 receiving yards on seven receptions, with one touchdown, averaging 60.7 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News