The Boston College Eagles (2-0) square off against the Temple Owls (1-1) at Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The Owls (moneyline odds to win) will welcome the Eagles ( ) on September 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. A total of points has been set for the contest by oddsmakers.
In this article we detail key metrics, betting trends, top players and updated odds — everything you need before making a bet on the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 17, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Boston College Vs. Temple Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Boston College Offense Vs. Temple Defense
|Eagles Offense||Stats (Rank)||Owls Defense|
|48.0 (8)||Points/Gm||42.5 (124)|
|500.0 (23)||Yards/Gm||363.5 (79)|
|284.0 (31)||Pass Yards/Gm||168.0 (36)|
|216.0 (34)||Rush Yards/Gm||195.5 (106)|
|11.8 (5)||Yards/Pass||5.3 (25)|
|5.7 (19)||Yards/Rush||4.2 (79)|
|68.2% (3)||3rd Down %||32.1% (46)|
|0 (1)||Turnovers||1 (86)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||1 (86)|
Temple Offense Vs. Boston College Defense
|Temple Offense||Stats (Rank)||Boston College Defense|
|29.5 (71)||Points/Gm||14.0 (33)|
|341.5 (90)||Yards/Gm||262.0 (24)|
|196.5 (86)||Pass Yards/Gm||149.0 (26)|
|145.0 (77)||Rush Yards/Gm||113.0 (52)|
|7.7 (61)||Yards/Pass||6.2 (52)|
|4.2 (74)||Yards/Rush||3.5 (57)|
|28.0% (116)||3rd Down %||11.1% (4)|
|5 (121)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|3 (83)||Sacks||2 (58)|
When Boston College Has The Ball
- The Eagles’ eighth-ranked scoring offense averages 48.0 points per game. The Owls have the 124th-ranked scoring defense (42.5 ppg).
- Boston College has conceded zero sacks (fewest in college football), while Temple’s defense has one (42nd-fewest).
- The Owls rank 86th in college football with one turnover forced, while the Eagles have committed zero (first).
- Boston College’s running game ranks 34th in the FBS (216.0 yards per game). Temple allows 195.5 rushing yards per game (106th).
When Temple Has The Ball
- The Owls convert 28.0% of their third-down plays (116th in college football). The Eagles’ defense gives up third-down conversions at an 11.1% clip (fourth).
- Temple has committed the seventh-most turnovers in college football (5), and is up against the 11th-ranked team in terms of turnovers forced, Boston College (4).
- The Owls’ offense is 90th in college football averaging 341.5 yards per game, while the Eagles rank 24th in yards allowed (262.0).
- Temple’s 196.5 passing yards per game ranks 86th in the FBS. Boston College’s defense allows 149.0 through the air (26th in college football).
Boston College Betting Trends And Insights
- The Eagles have been favored by 14 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- This is the first game this season the Eagles are playing as the moneyline favorite.
Temple Betting Trends And Insights
- The Owls will play as the underdog for the first time this season.
Boston College Players To Watch
- Phil Jurkovec leads the team with 325 passing yards (162.5 yards per game) and has a 67.9% completion percentage this year (19-of-28) while throwing three touchdowns. He also has 61 rushing yards on five carries, averaging 30.5 yards per game.
- Patrick Garwo III has run for a team-leading 189 yards on 19 attempts (94.5 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this year Travis Levy has run for 75 yards on 16 carries (37.5 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Zay Flowers has racked up nine receptions for 203 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 101.5 receiving yards per game.
- Trae Barry has added six receptions for 149 yards and two touchdowns.
- CJ Lewis has 67 receiving yards on three receptions, averaging 67.0 yards per game.
Temple Players To Watch
- Justin Lynch has thrown for 245 yards while completing 73.1% of his passes (19-of-26), with two touchdowns and one interception this year (122.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 12 times for 73 yards and one touchdown, averaging 36.5 yards per game.
- Edward Saydee has racked up a team-high 81 rushing yards (40.5 yards per game) and scored one touchdown. He has added three catches for 31 yards (15.5 receiving yards per game).
- Randle Jones has eight catches, leading his team with 208 yards (104.0 ypg) while hauling in two touchdowns this season.
- Jose Barbon has also chipped in with 72 yards on four catches. He averages 36.0 receiving yards per game this year.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News