Jayson Tatum leads the Boston Celtics (34-30) into a matchup with the Portland Trail Blazers (35-28) after piling up 60 points in a 143-140 win over the Spurs. The Celtics are 2-point favorites in the matchup on Sunday, May 2, 2021, which tips at 7:30 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has a point total of 231.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 2, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Celtics vs Trail Blazers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 2
Kemba Walker: Day To Day (Oblique)
Zach Collins: Out For Season (Ankle)
Celtics and Trail Blazers Records ATS
- Boston is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 31-33
- The Celtics are an even 19-19 against the spread this season when they are at least a 2-point favorite.
- Boston and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 51.6% of its games this season (33/64).
- Portland has a 32-31 record ATS this season.
- For the 34th time this season, the Trail Blazers are at least a 2-point underdog, where they have a record of 16-17 against the spread.
- 49.2% of Portland’s 63 games this season have fell below the over/under.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/13/2021||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-1||229.5||-115||-106||Regular Season||116-115 BOS|
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over on Sunday’s 231.5 total in 20 out of 64 games (31.2%) this year.
- In 29 out of Portland’s 63 games this year (46%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the total in Sunday’s matchup.
- On average, the over/under in Celtics games is 8.1 points fewer than the over/under of 231.5 points in this matchup.
- A difference of 1.8 points separates this contest’s over/under (231.5 points) and the average total points bet in Trail Blazers’ games (229.7 points) this season.
- The average implied total for the Celtics this season is 113.2 points, 3.8 fewer points than their implied total of 117 points in Sunday’s game.
- Boston has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (117) 23 times this season.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Trail Blazers (117.6) is 2.6 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (115).
- Portland has scored more than this game’s implied total of 115 points 34 times this season.
- The Celtics are the league’s 16th-highest scoring team (112.6 PPG), while the Trail Blazers allow the 24th-fewest points per game (114.6) in NBA play.
- The Celtics have totaled 111 more points than their opponents this season (1.8 per game on average), and the Trail Blazers have scored 32 more points than their opponents (0.5 per game).
- Tatum leads the Celtics scoring 26.4 points per game.
- Tatum’s points prop total for the contest is set at 27.5, 1.1 points greater than his season average of 26.4.
- Marcus Smart leads Boston with 5.6 assists a game and Tristan Thompson paces the squad with 8.2 rebounds per outing.
- Thompson’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 15.5, 1.8 lower than his season average of 17.3.
- Tatum is the top three-point shooter for the Celtics, hitting 2.9 per game.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.6 shots greater than his season average of 2.9.
- Boston’s steals leader is Smart, who grabs 1.6 per game. Robert Williams III leads the team averaging 1.8 blocks a contest.
- Smart’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Damian Lillard takes the top spot on the Trail Blazers scoring and assist lists, tallying 28.3 points and 7.5 assists per game.
- Lillard’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 22.5, 5.8 points less than his season average of 28.3.
- Enes Kanter collects all of the boards and is the Portland leader in rebounds, getting 11.4 per game.
- Kanter’s rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 8.5 rebounds, 2.9 rebounds less than his season average of 11.4.
- Lillard leads the Trail Blazers in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 4.1 made threes per game.
- Lillard’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 4.1.
- One Portland player is its leader in both steals and blocks. Robert Covington averages 1.4 steals per game and 1.2 blocks per game.
- Covington’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 0.9 steals less than his season average of 1.4.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News