The Miami Heat (34-30) hit the road in Southeast Division action against the Charlotte Hornets (31-32) on Sunday, May 2, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET. The Heat are 5-point favorites in the game, the third matchup between the teams this season. The over/under for the matchup is set at 212.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 2, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Heat vs Hornets Betting Odds
Heat vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 2
Udonis Haslem: Out (Illness),
Victor Oladipo: Out (Knee),
Tyler Herro: Out (Foot),
Nemanja Bjelica: Out (Illness)
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
Devonte’ Graham: Out (Knee)
Heat and Hornets Records ATS
- Miami has covered the spread in less than half its games this season, putting together a record of 29-35 against the spread.
- The Heat are 8-14 against the spread this season when they are at least a 5-point favorite.
- 32 of 64 Miami games this season (50%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Charlotte has outpaced the spread so far this season with a record of 32-30.
- For the fourth time this season, the Hornets are at least a 5-point underdog, where they have a record of 3-0 against the spread.
- 43.5% of Charlotte’s 62 games this season have topped the over/under.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Hornets took down the Heat 110-105. Jimmy Butler led the Heat with 20 points, and Malik Monk paced the Hornets with 32. The Hornets covered the spread as 1.5-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 215 total points to go over the 213.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/26/2021||Heat||Hornets||-1.5||213.5||-124||103||Regular Season||110-105 CHA|
|2/1/2021||Heat||Heat||-7.5||215||-306||244||Regular Season||129-121 CHA|
- Miami and its opponents have hit the over on Sunday’s 212.5 total in 33 out of 64 games (51.6%) this year.
- In 66.7% of Charlotte’s games this season (42 of 63), the total points scored was more than Sunday’s 212.5-point over/under.
- This season, the average total for Heat games is 214 points, 1.5 more than the over/under of 212.5 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 8.3 points fewer than the average over/under in Hornets’ games this season (220.8 points).
- The Heat’s average implied point total this season is 2.3 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (111.3 implied points on average compared to 109 implied points in this game).
- Miami has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (109) 30 times.
- The 113.8-point average implied total on the season for the Hornets is 9.8 more points than the team’s 104-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 104 points 48 times.
- The Heat are at the 27th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (106.8 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 11th-fewest points per game (111) in the league.
- The Heat have a negative point differential on the season (-28 total points, -0.4 per game), as do the Hornets (-77 total points, -1.2 per game).
- Butler leads the Heat in scoring (21.6 points per game) and assisting (7.2 assists per game).
- Butler’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 33.5, 2.2 less than his season average of 35.7.
- Miami’s rebounding leader is Bam Adebayo, who averages 9.1 per game.
- Adebayo’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 32.5, 0.9 less than his season average of 33.4.
- Duncan Robinson is the top three-point shooter for the Heat, knocking down 3.5 per game.
- Robinson’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 4.5, 1.0 shot greater than his season average of 3.5.
- Butler leads the team with 2.1 steals per game. Adebayo collects 1.1 blocks an outing to pace Miami.
- Butler’s steals prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.4 steals higher than his season average of 2.1.
- Terry Rozier owns the Hornets top spot in scoring with 20.4 points per game and also tacks on 4.3 rebounds and 4.1 assists per contest.
- Rozier’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 27.5, 1.3 less than his season average of 28.8.
- The Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists are Cody Zeller (6.9 rebounds per game) and LaMelo Ball (6.2 assists per game).
- Zeller’s rebounding prop total for the game is listed at 5.5 rebounds, 1.4 rebounds less than his season average of 6.9.
- Rozier leads the Hornets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.3 made threes per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.8 shots less than his season average of 3.3.
- Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.6 steals per game and P.J. Washington leads the squad in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News