The No. 5 Iowa Hawkeyes (3-0, 1-0 Big Ten) play the Maryland Terrapins (3-0, 1-0 Big Ten) with both teams riding four-game winning streaks. The Hawkeyes () start the action on October 1, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET on FS1 against the Terrapins ( on the moneyline to win). Sportsbooks have listed the matchup’s total at .
In this article we will update you with the best odds available and surface what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, plus team and player stats.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 26, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Iowa Vs. Maryland Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Iowa Offense Vs. Maryland Defense
|Hawkeyes Offense||Stats (Rank)||Terrapins Defense|
|30.3 (64)||Points/Gm||13.7 (16)|
|298.0 (116)||Yards/Gm||263.3 (21)|
|154.3 (112)||Pass Yards/Gm||180.7 (37)|
|143.7 (79)||Rush Yards/Gm||82.7 (22)|
|5.4 (120)||Yards/Pass||5.6 (22)|
|3.8 (83)||Yards/Rush||3.0 (26)|
|37.2% (84)||3rd Down %||33.3% (47)|
|3 (49)||Turnovers||5 (24)|
|2 (19)||Sacks||9 (5)|
Maryland Offense Vs. Iowa Defense
|Maryland Offense||Stats (Rank)||Iowa Defense|
|37.3 (39)||Points/Gm||10.0 (4)|
|516.7 (15)||Yards/Gm||278.7 (26)|
|343.0 (9)||Pass Yards/Gm||197.7 (56)|
|173.7 (59)||Rush Yards/Gm||81.0 (19)|
|9.3 (24)||Yards/Pass||6.0 (34)|
|4.3 (66)||Yards/Rush||2.5 (15)|
|35.6% (93)||3rd Down %||27.9% (17)|
|2 (25)||Turnovers||7 (4)|
|5 (79)||Sacks||8 (11)|
When Iowa Has The Ball
- The Terrapins defense gives up 5.6 passing yards per attempt (22nd in the FBS). They will attempt to shut down the Hawkeyes’ passing attack, which has the No. 120 yards-per-pass average in college football (5.4 per attempt).
- The Hawkeyes’ offense is 116th in college football averaging 298.0 yards per game, while Maryland ranks 21st in yards allowed (263.3).
- The Hawkeyes’ 154.3 passing yards per game ranks 112th in the FBS. The Terrapins’ defense gives up 180.7 through the air (37th in college football).
- Iowa ranks 83rd in the FBS averaging 3.8 yards per carry. Maryland allows 3.0 per rushing attempt (26th in college football).
When Maryland Has The Ball
- The Terrapins convert 35.6% of their third-down plays (93rd in college football). The Hawkeyes’ defense gives up third-down conversions at a 27.9% clip (17th).
- Maryland has allowed five sacks to rank 79th in college football. Iowa’s defense has compiled eight (11th-most).
- The Terrapins average 4.3 yards per carry (66th in college football) compared to the 2.5 per rushing attempt the Hawkeyes give up (15th in the FBS).
- Iowa’s defense allows 197.7 yards through the air per game (56th in the FBS). Maryland’s 343.0 passing yards per game is ninth in college football.
Iowa Betting Trends And Insights
- Iowa has won all three of its games against the spread this season.
- The Hawkeyes have been favored by 3 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in both.
- Iowa’s games have not hit the over yet this season.
- Iowa’s three games this season have all gone under this contest’s total of 45.5 points.
- The Hawkeyes have been the moneyline favorite just two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
Maryland Betting Trends And Insights
- Maryland has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Terrapins have won their only game this season when playing as at least 3-point underdogs.
- So far this season, one of Maryland’s games has hit the over.
- Maryland and its opponents have combined to score more than 45.5 points twice this season.
- The Terrapins won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Iowa Players To Watch
- This year, Spencer Petras has racked up 460 passing yards (153.3 yards per game) while going 49-for-84 (58.3% completion percentage) and throwing two touchdowns and zero interceptions.
- Tyler Goodson has run for a team-high 307 yards on 62 carries (102.3 yards per game) and five touchdowns.
- Ivory Kelly-Martin has 91 yards on 22 carries (30.3 ypg).
- This season Sam LaPorta has 13 receptions for a team-high 169 receiving yards (56.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Nico Ragaini has tacked on 75 yards (on seven catches).
- Tyrone Tracy Jr. has 70 receiving yards on nine receptions, averaging 23.3 yards per game.
Maryland Players To Watch
- Taulia Tagovailoa leads the team with 956 passing yards (318.7 yards per game) and has a 75.5% completion percentage this year (80-of-106) while throwing seven touchdowns. He also has 36 rushing yards on 16 carries, averaging 12.0 yards per game.
- Tayon Fleet-Davis has rushed for a team-leading 251 yards on 37 attempts (83.7 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns. He also averages 20.7 receiving yards per game, grabbing 10 passes for 62 yards and one touchdown.
- Isaiah Jacobs has rushed for 74 yards on 20 carries (37.0 yards per game) this year.
- Dontay Demus has 20 catches, leading his team with 338 yards (112.7 ypg) while hauling in two touchdowns this season.
- Rakim Jarrett has hauled in 16 catches for 259 yards (86.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Jeshaun Jones is averaging 43.0 yards per game, with 12 catches for 129 yards.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News