The Los Angeles Lakers (34-22) are 7.5-point underdogs against the Utah Jazz (42-14) at Staples Center on Saturday, April 17, 2021. The game begins at 4:30 PM ET on ESPN. The matchup has a point total of 216.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 17, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Jazz vs Lakers Betting Odds
Jazz vs Lakers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 17
Donovan Mitchell: Day To Day (Ankle),
Udoka Azubuike: Out (Ankle),
Derrick Favors: Out (Knee)
Anthony Davis: Out (Achilles),
LeBron James: Out (Ankle),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
Andre Drummond: Day To Day (Toe),
Markieff Morris: Day To Day (Ankle)
Jazz and Lakers Records ATS
- Utah has played to a 33-22-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Jazz are 15-11-1 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 7.5-point favorite.
- Utah and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 26 of 56 games this season (46.4%).
- Los Angeles has a 27-29 record against the spread this season.
- For the 19th time this season, the Lakers are at least a 7.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 8-10 against the spread.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have regularly been held under the total points bet this season, only hitting the over in 39.3% (22) of their 56 games played.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Jazz knocked off the Lakers 114-89. Rudy Gobert led the Jazz with 18 points, and LeBron James paced the Lakers with 19. The Jazz covered the spread as 8.5-point favorites, and the teams put up a total of 203 total points to go under the 218.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/24/2021||Jazz||Jazz||-8.5||218.5||-378||295||Regular Season||114-89 UTA|
- In Utah’s matchups this season, the Jazz and their opponents have gone over Saturday’s over/under of 216.5 points 37 times (66.1% of opportunities).
- In Los Angeles’ games this season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Saturday’s matchup over/under in 27 out of 56 matchups (48.2%).
- On average, the Jazz have seen a 224.6 over/under in their games this season, 8.1 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Lakers’ games have an over/under of 215.7 points this season, 0.8 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The average implied total for the Jazz this season is 116.3 points, 4.3 more points than their implied total of 112 points in Saturday’s game.
- This season, Utah has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (112) 43 times.
- The 113.2-point average implied total on the season for the Lakers is 8.2 more points than the team’s 105-point implied total in this matchup.
- Los Angeles has scored more than 105 points in 37 games this season.
- The Jazz are the league’s third-highest scoring team (117 PPG), while the Lakers allow the second-fewest points per game (105.9) in NBA play.
- The Jazz have totaled 529 more points than their opponents this season (9.4 per game on average), and the Lakers have scored 221 more points than their opponents (3.9 per game).
- Donovan Mitchell leads the Jazz scoring 26.4 points per game.
- Mitchell’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 46.5, 10.4 greater than his season average of 36.1.
- Gobert paces Utah with 13.6 rebounds per game and Mike Conley leads the squad with 5.7 assists per contest.
- Conley’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 37.5, 12.1 greater than his season average of 25.4.
- The Jazz are led by Mitchell from long distance. He knocks down 3.4 shots from deep per game.
- Mitchell’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 4.5, 1.1 shots higher than his season average of 3.4.
- Conley leads the team with 1.3 steals per game. Gobert collects 2.9 blocks a game to pace Utah.
- Conley’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals higher than his season average of 1.3.
- James’ excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the Lakers scoring and assists leaderboards with 25.4 points per game and 7.9 assists per game.
- James’ points prop total for the game is set at 24.5, 0.9 points lower than his season average of 25.4.
- Andre Drummond collects all of the boards and is the Los Angeles leader in rebounds, grabbing 12.8 per game.
- Drummond’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is listed at 7.5 boards, 5.3 rebounds less than his season average of 12.8.
- James makes more threes per game than any other member of the Lakers, cashing in 2.4 treys per game.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Nobody on Los Angeles grabs more steals than Drummond (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Anthony Davis (1.8 per game).
- Davis’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News