The Toronto Raptors (26-38) will attempt to break a three-game losing streak when they visit the Los Angeles Lakers (36-27) on Sunday, May 2, 2021 at Staples Center as 7-point underdogs. The matchup airs at 10:00 PM ET on NBA TV. The matchup has an over/under set at 219.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 2, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Lakers vs Raptors Betting Odds
Lakers vs Raptors Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 2
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: Day To Day (Ankle),
Jared Dudley: Out (Knee),
Marc Gasol: Day To Day (Finger),
Anthony Davis: Day To Day (Calf),
Kyle Kuzma: Day To Day (Thumb),
LeBron James: Day To Day (Ankle),
Alex Caruso: Day To Day (Back),
Dennis Schroder: Day To Day (Calf)
Gary Trent Jr.: Out (Leg),
Paul Watson: Out (Knee),
Chris Boucher: Out (Knee),
Kyle Lowry: Out (Rest)
Lakers and Raptors Records ATS
- Los Angeles has covered the spread in less than half its games this season, playing to a record of 28-34-1 against the spread.
- The Lakers are 9-12-1 against the spread this season when they are at least a 7-point favorite.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 25 of 63 games this season (39.7%).
- Toronto has a 27-36-1 record against the spread this season.
- As at least a 7-point underdog, the Raptors frequently have trouble covering with only a 2-6 record against the spread.
- 46.9% of Toronto’s 64 games this season have stayed under the over/under.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Lakers defeated the Raptors 110-101. Talen Horton-Tucker led the Lakers with 17 points, and Pascal Siakam paced the Raptors with 27. The Lakers covered the spread as 1.5-point favorites, and the teams combined to score 211 total points to hit the over on the 208.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/6/2021||Lakers||Raptors||-1.5||208.5||-121||101||Regular Season||110-101 LAL|
- Los Angeles’ games this season have gone over the point total for Sunday’s matchup over/under (219.5 points) in 41.3% of opportunities (26 out of 63 matchups).
- 34 Toronto games this year (53.1% of its matchups) ended with a final score greater than Sunday’s over/under of 219.5 points.
- This season the average total for Lakers games is 216.1 points, 3.4 fewer than the over/under of 219.5 points for this contest.
- Raptors’ games have a total points bet of 222.8 points this season, 3.3 points more than the over/under for this game.
- The Lakers have an average implied point total equal to their implied total in Sunday’s game (113).
- Los Angeles has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (113) 26 times.
- The 113.6-point average implied total on the season for the Raptors is 7.6 more points than the team’s 106-point implied total in this matchup.
- Toronto has scored more than 106 points in 41 games on the season.
- The Lakers are the NBA’s 23rd-highest scoring team (109.6 PPG), while the Raptors allow their opponents the 13th-fewest points per game (111.2) in the league.
- The Lakers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 197 points this season (3.1 points per game on average), and the Raptors have put up 23 more points than their opponents on the year (0.4 per game).
- The Lakers points and assists leader is LeBron James. He racks up 25.2 points per game and dishes out 7.9 assists.
- James’ assists prop over/under for the contest is set at 9.5 assists, 1.6 assists higher than his season average of 7.9.
- Los Angeles is led in rebounds by Andre Drummond’s 12.4 per game.
- Drummond’s rebounding prop total for the matchup is posted at 11.5 boards, 0.9 rebounds less than his season average of 12.4.
- James connects on 2.4 threes per game to lead the Lakers.
- James’ three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots higher than his season average of 2.4.
- Drummond leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Anthony Davis collects 1.8 blocks a game to pace Los Angeles.
- Davis’ blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
- Siakam holds the top Raptors spot in two categories: scoring (20.6 points per game) and rebounding (7.1 rebounds per game).
- Siakam’s points prop total for the contest is set at 24.5, 3.9 points higher than his season average of 20.6.
- Kyle Lowry puts in work dishing out assists and is Toronto’s assist leader with 7.3 per game.
- Lowry’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 4.0 lower than his season average of 29.5.
- Fred VanVleet makes more threes per game than any other member of the Raptors, cashing in 3.3 treys per game.
- VanVleet’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 3.3.
- VanVleet is at the top of Toronto’s steals hierarchy with 1.7 steals per game and Chris Boucher leads the squad in blocks with 1.9 per game.
- Boucher’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News