The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (5-1, 3-0 Sun Belt) take the 22nd-ranked passing defense in college football into a matchup with the Arkansas State Red Wolves (1-5, 0-2 Sun Belt), who have the No. 20 passing attack. The Ragin’ Cajuns, listed aton the spread, take to the road against the Red Wolves, with moneyline odds to win, on October 21, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET on ESPNU. The total for the game is set at points.
Before making a bet on this game, read this article to see the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 17, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Louisiana Vs. Arkansas State Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Louisiana Offense Vs. Arkansas State Defense
|Ragin’ Cajuns Offense||Stats (Rank)||Red Wolves Defense|
|30.5 (54)||Points/Gm||46.7 (130)|
|361.7 (89)||Yards/Gm||494.0 (129)|
|216.0 (81)||Pass Yards/Gm||309.5 (130)|
|145.7 (79)||Rush Yards/Gm||184.5 (102)|
|8.1 (44)||Yards/Pass||10.9 (130)|
|4.6 (47)||Yards/Rush||6.1 (129)|
|39.1% (73)||3rd Down %||40.6% (83)|
|3 (9)||Turnovers||5 (94)|
|6 (43)||Sacks||7 (78)|
Arkansas State Offense Vs. Louisiana Defense
|Arkansas State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Louisiana Defense|
|30.0 (55)||Points/Gm||21.2 (43)|
|349.0 (98)||Yards/Gm||310.0 (24)|
|283.2 (20)||Pass Yards/Gm||178.3 (22)|
|65.8 (128)||Rush Yards/Gm||131.7 (50)|
|7.4 (73)||Yards/Pass||7.6 (84)|
|2.9 (120)||Yards/Rush||4.1 (73)|
|37.7% (83)||3rd Down %||39.4% (76)|
|7 (60)||Turnovers||4 (114)|
|13 (110)||Sacks||7 (78)|
When Louisiana Has The Ball
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ passing attack averages 8.1 yards per pass attempt (44th in the FBS). The Red Wolves give up 10.9 per pass (130th in college football).
- Arkansas State ranks 94th in college football with five turnovers forced, while Louisiana has committed three (ninth).
- The Red Wolves allow 6.1 yards per rushing attempt (129th in the FBS). The Ragin’ Cajuns are 47th in rushing, averaging 4.6 per carry.
- Louisiana has the 54th-ranked offense in the FBS (30.5 points per game), and will be up against Arkansas State’s 130th-ranked defense (46.7 ppg).
When Arkansas State Has The Ball
- The Ragin’ Cajuns allow 131.7 rushing yards per game (50th in the FBS). The Red Wolves’ running game ranks 128th in college football (65.8).
- The Red Wolves’ offense is 98th in college football averaging 349.0 yards per game, while Louisiana ranks 24th in yards allowed (310.0).
- The Red Wolves have committed seven turnovers, 60th-lowest in the FBS, while the Ragin’ Cajuns have forced four turnovers (14th-fewest in college football).
- Arkansas State averages 2.9 yards per carry (120th in college football) compared to the 4.1 per attempt Louisiana gives up (73rd in the FBS).
Louisiana Betting Trends And Insights
- Louisiana has covered twice in six chances against the spread this season.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have been favored by 17.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those matchups.
- Games featuring Louisiana have hit the over just once this season.
- None of Louisiana’s six games this season have had a combined score higher than this contest’s total of 66.5.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have been the moneyline favorite a total of four times this season, and they’ve won all of those games.
Arkansas State Betting Trends And Insights
- Arkansas State has won two games against the spread this year.
- The Red Wolves have not covered the spread this year (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 17.5-point underdogs.
- In Arkansas State’s five chances this year, the combined scoring has gone over the point total three times.
- Arkansas State has combined with its opponent to score more than 66.5 points in four of five games this season.
- This season, the Red Wolves have been listed as the underdog in five games and failed to win any of those contests.
Louisiana Players To Watch
- Levi Lewis leads the team with 1,256 passing yards (209.3 yards per game) and has a 64.5% completion percentage this year (100-of-155) while throwing eight touchdowns with two interceptions. He also has 93 rushing yards on 33 carries with one touchdown, averaging 15.5 yards per game.
- Montrell Johnson has rushed for a team-leading 286 yards on 55 attempts (57.2 yards per game) while scoring five touchdowns.
- Chris Smith has 273 yards on 56 carries (45.5 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Michael Jefferson has racked up six receptions for 177 yards, best on his team, and two touchdowns. He averages 59.0 receiving yards per game.
- Kyren Lacy has chipped in with 12 receptions for 167 yards and two touchdowns.
- Dontae Fleming has collected 162 yards on 13 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 32.4 yards per game.
Arkansas State Players To Watch
- This season, James Blackman has collected 1,044 passing yards (208.8 yards per game) while completing 81 of 141 passes (57.4% completion percentage), with six touchdowns and one interception.
- Alan Lamar has taken 33 carries for a team-leading 107 rushing yards (21.4 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this year Johnnie Lang has rushed for 101 yards on 29 carries (20.2 ypg).
- This season Tevailance Hunt has 27 receptions for a team-high 423 receiving yards (84.6 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Corey Rucker has also contributed with 411 yards on 25 catches and five touchdowns. He puts up 82.2 receiving yards per game this year.
- Jeff Foreman has caught 16 passes for 277 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 69.3 yards per game this year.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News