The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns (1-1) take on the Ohio Bobcats (0-2) at Cajun Field in Lafayette, Louisiana. The Bobcats (moneyline odds to win) hit the road on September 16, 2021 at 8:00 PM ET on ESPN against the Ragin’ Cajuns ( ). The matchup’s over/under is currently listed at .
In this article we break down what you need to know before placing a bet on the game, including key metrics, stats, insights, and the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 12, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Louisiana Vs. Ohio Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Louisiana Offense Vs. Ohio Defense
|Ragin’ Cajuns Offense||Stats (Rank)||Bobcats Defense|
|22.5 (97)||Points/Gm||28.5 (94)|
|387.5 (71)||Yards/Gm||374.5 (81)|
|293.0 (28)||Pass Yards/Gm||147.0 (25)|
|94.5 (111)||Rush Yards/Gm||227.5 (118)|
|8.0 (55)||Yards/Pass||5.7 (37)|
|3.2 (101)||Yards/Rush||5.2 (109)|
|33.3% (95)||3rd Down %||50.0% (113)|
|1 (20)||Turnovers||0 (113)|
|4 (102)||Sacks||1 (86)|
Ohio Offense Vs. Louisiana Defense
|Ohio Offense||Stats (Rank)||Louisiana Defense|
|17.5 (116)||Points/Gm||31.0 (104)|
|325.0 (101)||Yards/Gm||473.0 (116)|
|188.5 (93)||Pass Yards/Gm||312.0 (124)|
|136.5 (87)||Rush Yards/Gm||161.0 (86)|
|7.3 (74)||Yards/Pass||9.9 (123)|
|4.9 (48)||Yards/Rush||4.1 (76)|
|31.6% (104)||3rd Down %||61.3% (128)|
|1 (20)||Turnovers||0 (113)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||3 (38)|
When Louisiana Has The Ball
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have committed one turnover, 20th-lowest in the FBS, while the Bobcats have forced zero turnovers (15th-fewest in college football).
- Ohio allows third-down conversions on 50.0% of its opponents’ attempts (113th in the FBS). Louisiana has a 33.3% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 95th in college football.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ offense averages 8.0 yards per pass attempt (55th in the FBS). The Bobcats’ defense allows 5.7 yards per passing play (37th in college football).
- Louisiana has given up four sacks to rank 102nd in college football. Ohio’s defense has one (42nd-fewest).
When Ohio Has The Ball
- The Bobcats offense is 20th-ranked in college football in terms of turnovers allowed (1), and are playing the 113th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Ragin’ Cajuns (0).
- Ohio ranks 74th in the FBS at 7.3 yards per pass attempt. Louisiana allows 9.9 yards per passing play (123rd in college football).
- The Ragin’ Cajuns’ defense has three sacks (38th-most in the FBS). The Bobcats have conceded zero sacks to rank first in college football.
- The 188.5 passing yards per game Ohio averages ranks 93rd in the FBS, while the 312.0 Louisiana gives up ranks 124th in college football.
Louisiana Betting Trends And Insights
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have not covered the spread this season (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 20-point favorites.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have not been the moneyline favorite yet this season.
Ohio Betting Trends And Insights
- The Bobcats have not played a game this season while listed as the underdog.
Louisiana Players To Watch
- Levi Lewis leads the team with 586 passing yards (293.0 yards per game) and has a 64.4% completion percentage this year (47-of-73) while throwing three touchdowns.
- Chris Smith has run for a team-high 100 yards on 22 attempts (50.0 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- Emani Bailey has 41 yards on 11 carries (20.5 ypg).
- Michael Jefferson has racked up three receptions for 84 yards, best on his team, and one touchdown. He averages 84.0 receiving yards per game.
- Jalen Williams’ stat line this year shows five catches for 71 yards. He puts up 71.0 receiving yards per game.
- This season Kyren Lacy is averaging 33.5 yards per game, with six catches for 67 yards and one touchdown.
Ohio Players To Watch
- Kurtis Rourke has thrown for 307 yards while completing 69.4% of his passes (34-of-49), with zero touchdowns and one interception this year (153.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 10 times for 49 yards and one touchdown, averaging 24.5 yards per game.
- O’Shaan Allison has run for a team-leading 119 yards on 21 attempts (59.5 yards per game).
- De’Montre Tuggle has rushed for 109 yards on 23 carries (54.5 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground this year.
- Jerome Buckner has reeled in seven passes for a team-high 102 yards. He averages 51.0 yards per game.
- Cameron Odom has hauled in five catches for 92 yards (46.0 yards per game).
- Tyler Walton has racked up 65 yards on eight receptions, averaging 32.5 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News