The Dallas Mavericks (36-27) will try to build on a three-game winning streak when they host the Sacramento Kings (26-37) on Sunday, May 2, 2021 at American Airlines Center as 7.5-point favorites. The matchup airs at 8:00 PM ET on BSSW. The matchup’s over/under is set at 228.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of May 2, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Mavericks vs Kings Betting Odds
Mavericks vs Kings Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of May 2
Tyrell Terry: Out (Personal),
Kristaps Porzingis: Out (Knee),
JJ Redick: Out (Rest)
Harrison Barnes: Day To Day (Adductor),
Robert Woodard II: Out (Low Back),
Chimezie Metu: Day To Day (Back),
De’Aaron Fox: Out (Health Protocols)
Mavericks and Kings Records ATS
- Dallas has covered the spread in less than half its games this season, putting together a record of 30-33 against the spread.
- When favored by at least 7.5 points, the Mavericks are 3-5 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Only 28 of 63 Dallas games this season (44.4%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Sacramento has a 28-34-1 record against the spread this season.
- For the fourth time this season, the Kings are at least a 7.5-point underdog, where they have a record of 0-3 against the spread.
- 44.4% of Sacramento’s 63 games this season have missed the over/under.
Head to Head
Richaun Holmes scored a team-high 24 points to lead the Kings over Luka Doncic (24 points) and the Mavericks 113-106 in their last matchup on April 26, 2021. The Mavericks were favored by 6.5 points in the game, but the Kings covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 219 total points to fall short of the 226-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|4/26/2021||Mavericks||Kings||-6.5||226||-251||204||Regular Season||113-106 SAC|
|4/18/2021||Mavericks||Mavericks||-8.5||232||-375||295||Regular Season||121-107 SAC|
- In Dallas’ matchups this season, the Mavericks and their opponents have gone over Sunday’s total of 228.5 points 21 times (33.3% of opportunities).
- In Sacramento’s games this year, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Sunday’s matchup over/under in 37 out of 63 matchups (58.7%).
- On average, the over/under in Mavericks games is 6.5 points fewer than the over/under of 228.5 points in this contest.
- Kings’ games have a total points bet of 233.4 points this season, 4.9 points more than the over/under for this contest.
- The Mavericks’ average implied point total this season is 3.4 fewer points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (114.6 implied points on average compared to 118 implied points in this game).
- Dallas has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (118) 18 times this season.
- The Kings’ average implied point total on the season (117.9 points) is 6.9 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (111 points).
- Sacramento has scored more than 111 points in 39 games on the season.
- The Mavericks are at the 17th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (112 PPG), while the Kings allow the most points per game (119.1) in the league.
- The Mavericks have put up a total of 132 more points than their opponents this year (an average of two per game), while the Kings have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 298 total points, -4.8 per game).
- The Mavericks points and assists leader is Doncic. He averages 28.6 points per game and contributes 8.9 assists.
- Doncic’s assists prop over/under for the contest is set at 6.5 assists, 2.4 assists lower than his season average of 8.9.
- Kristaps Porzingis paces Dallas with 9.1 rebounds per game.
- Porzingis’ PRA prop total for the game is set at 35.5, 4.7 greater than his season average of 30.8.
- The Mavericks are led by Doncic from long distance. He connects on 3.0 shots from deep per game.
- Doncic’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 3.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 3.0.
- Doncic leads the team with 1.0 steal per game. Porzingis collects 1.4 blocks a contest to pace Dallas.
- Doncic’s steals prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.5 steals lower than his season average of 1.0.
- De’Aaron Fox’s strong performances this season give him the top spot on the Kings scoring and assists leaderboards with 25.2 points per game and 7.2 assists per game.
- Fox’s assists prop over/under for the matchup is posted at 6.5 assists, 0.7 assists lower than his season average of 7.2.
- When it comes to rebounds, Holmes is the Sacramento leader with 8.7 per game.
- Holmes’ rebounding prop over/under for the contest is listed at 9.5 rebounds, 0.8 rebounds greater than his season average of 8.7.
- Buddy Hield is tops from three-point range for the Kings, hitting 4.0 threes per game.
- Hield’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 4.5, 0.5 shots greater than his season average of 4.0.
- Sacramento’s Delon Wright has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.5 per game and Holmes is first in blocks with 1.6 per game.
- Wright’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News