The No. 22 Miami (FL) Hurricanes (1-1) square off against the Michigan State Spartans (2-0) at Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens, Florida. The Spartans,on the moneyline to win, take to the road against the Hurricanes, listed at on the spread, on September 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET. The over/under for the game is set at points.
In this article we will provide you with the best odds available and surface what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, betting trends, plus team and player stats.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 12, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Miami (FL) Vs. Michigan State Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Miami (FL) Offense Vs. Michigan State Defense
|Hurricanes Offense||Stats (Rank)||Spartans Defense|
|19.0 (111)||Points/Gm||17.5 (43)|
|320.5 (106)||Yards/Gm||348.0 (72)|
|189.0 (92)||Pass Yards/Gm||206.0 (71)|
|131.5 (91)||Rush Yards/Gm||142.0 (75)|
|5.8 (109)||Yards/Pass||5.5 (30)|
|3.6 (94)||Yards/Rush||3.4 (52)|
|36.7% (77)||3rd Down %||43.6% (97)|
|3 (79)||Turnovers||1 (86)|
|4 (102)||Sacks||4 (19)|
Michigan State Offense Vs. Miami (FL) Defense
|Michigan State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Miami (FL) Defense|
|40.0 (26)||Points/Gm||33.5 (111)|
|553.0 (9)||Yards/Gm||413.5 (102)|
|254.0 (48)||Pass Yards/Gm||276.5 (111)|
|299.0 (6)||Rush Yards/Gm||137.0 (70)|
|9.4 (26)||Yards/Pass||7.6 (93)|
|8.0 (3)||Yards/Rush||3.6 (62)|
|42.1% (59)||3rd Down %||48.4% (111)|
|1 (20)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|2 (51)||Sacks||1 (86)|
When Miami (FL) Has The Ball
- The Hurricanes are 102nd-ranked in college football in sacks allowed (four), and are playing the team ranked 19th in bringing down opposing quarterbacks, the Spartans (four).
- Miami (FL) averages 5.8 yards per pass attempt (109th in the FBS) compared to the 5.5 per pass Michigan State allows (30th in college football).
- The Hurricanes’ offense is 111th in the FBS at 19.0 points per game. They will be facing the Spartans’ defense which gives up 17.5 per game (43rd in college football).
- Miami (FL) averages 3.6 yards per carry (94th in college football) compared to the 3.4 per rushing attempt Michigan State gives up (52nd in the FBS).
When Michigan State Has The Ball
- The Hurricanes’ defense ranks 102nd in yards conceded per game (413.5), while the Spartans’ offense is ninth in college football at 553.0 yards per game.
- Michigan State has the 26th-ranked offense in the FBS, averaging 40.0 points per game. Miami (FL)’s defense is 111th, allowing 33.5 points per contest.
- The Spartans’ passing attack averages 9.4 yards per pass attempt (26th in the FBS). The Hurricanes allow 7.6 per pass (93rd in college football).
- Michigan State has the sixth-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (299.0 yards per game), and will be facing the 70th-ranked defense in that category, as Miami (FL) allows 137.0 per game.
Miami (FL) Betting Trends And Insights
- The Hurricanes have been favored by 6 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- The Hurricanes have been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
Michigan State Betting Trends And Insights
- The Spartans won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Miami (FL) Players To Watch
- D’Eriq King has thrown for 378 yards while completing 67.2% of his passes (43-of-64), with one touchdown and two interceptions this year (189.0 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 29 times for 77 yards, averaging 38.5 yards per game.
- Cam’Ron Davis has run for a team-leading 129 yards on 30 carries (64.5 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- This season Keyshawn Smith has eight catches and leads the team with 110 yards (55.0 per game).
- Charleston Rambo has hauled in 12 catches for 85 yards (42.5 yards per game).
- Xavier Restrepo is averaging 36.5 yards per game, racking up four receptions for 73 yards and one touchdown.
Michigan State Players To Watch
- This year, Payton Thorne has recorded 465 passing yards (232.5 yards per game) while going 30-for-46 (65.2% completion percentage) and throwing five touchdowns and zero interceptions. He has added 47 rushing yards on eight carries with one touchdown, averaging 23.5 yards per game.
- Kenneth Walker III has rushed for a team-high 321 yards on 30 carries (160.5 yards per game) and five touchdowns.
- Jordan Simmons has 131 yards on 21 carries (65.5 ypg).
- Jayden Reed has hauled in nine passes for a team-high 245 yards with two touchdowns. He averages 122.5 yards per game.
- Tre Mosley has also contributed with 66 yards on five catches. He puts up 33.0 receiving yards per game this year.
- Jalen Nailor has caught six passes for 59 yards and one touchdown, averaging 29.5 yards per game this year.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News