Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta, Georgia hosts the No. 21 North Carolina Tar Heels (2-1, 1-1 ACC) against the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-2, 0-1 ACC). The Yellow Jackets (on the moneyline to win) will take to the field against the Tar Heels ( ) on September 25, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. The game’s total is currently set at .
Read this article before you place a bet on this game for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — from team and player stats to key metrics, betting insights and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 25, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
North Carolina Vs. Georgia Tech Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
North Carolina Offense Vs. Georgia Tech Defense
|Tar Heels Offense||Stats (Rank)||Yellow Jackets Defense|
|42.7 (15)||Points/Gm||17.7 (38)|
|553.3 (4)||Yards/Gm||285.7 (29)|
|307.0 (17)||Pass Yards/Gm||124.3 (8)|
|246.3 (13)||Rush Yards/Gm||161.3 (88)|
|10.8 (6)||Yards/Pass||6.0 (34)|
|6.3 (7)||Yards/Rush||3.8 (64)|
|48.3% (27)||3rd Down %||40.5% (85)|
|4 (65)||Turnovers||4 (41)|
|7 (104)||Sacks||0 (129)|
Georgia Tech Offense Vs. North Carolina Defense
|Georgia Tech Offense||Stats (Rank)||North Carolina Defense|
|24.7 (95)||Points/Gm||24.3 (72)|
|383.3 (77)||Yards/Gm||381.3 (82)|
|204.3 (88)||Pass Yards/Gm||270.7 (108)|
|179.0 (53)||Rush Yards/Gm||110.7 (44)|
|7.5 (69)||Yards/Pass||7.7 (94)|
|4.2 (70)||Yards/Rush||3.0 (26)|
|39.5% (68)||3rd Down %||43.2% (95)|
|1 (7)||Turnovers||5 (24)|
|8 (115)||Sacks||4 (62)|
When North Carolina Has The Ball
- The Tar Heels have the 13th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (246.3 yards per game), and will be facing the 88th-ranked defense in that category, as the Yellow Jackets allow 161.3 per game.
- North Carolina is 27th in the FBS in third-down percentage (48.3%) and will be up against the 85th-ranked Georgia Tech defense in that category (40.5%).
- The Tar Heels average 6.3 yards per rushing attempt (seventh in the FBS), and the Yellow Jackets give up 3.8 per carry (64th in college football).
- North Carolina averages 10.8 yards per pass attempt (sixth in the FBS), and Georgia Tech gives up 6.0 per pass (34th in college football).
When Georgia Tech Has The Ball
- The Yellow Jackets’ pass protection has resulted in eight sacks allowed, 13th-most in college football. The Tar Heels’ defense has four (62nd-most).
- Georgia Tech averages 4.2 yards per carry (70th in college football) compared to the 3.0 per attempt North Carolina gives up (26th in the FBS).
- The Tar Heels allow third-down conversions on 43.2% of their opponents’ attempts (95th in the FBS). The Yellow Jackets have a 39.5% third-down conversion rate, which ranks 68th in college football.
- Georgia Tech’s passing attack averages 7.5 yards per pass attempt (69th in the FBS). North Carolina gives up 7.7 per pass (94th in college football).
North Carolina Betting Trends And Insights
- North Carolina has won two games against the spread this season.
- The Tar Heels have covered the spread when playing as at least 14-point favorites in their only opportunity this season.
- North Carolina’s games have gone over the point total twice this season.
- North Carolina and its opponents have combined to score more than 64 points twice this season (in three games).
- The Tar Heels have been favored on the moneyline three total times this season. They’ve finished 2-1 in those games.
Georgia Tech Betting Trends And Insights
- Georgia Tech has a record of 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Yellow Jackets have won their only game this year when playing as at least 14-point underdogs.
- Games featuring Georgia Tech have hit the over once this year.
- Each Georgia Tech game this season has ended with a combined score under 64 points.
- The Yellow Jackets lost the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
North Carolina Players To Watch
- This year, Sam Howell has recorded 867 passing yards (289.0 yards per game) while going 52-for-82 (63.4% completion percentage) and throwing nine touchdowns and four interceptions. He has tacked on 251 rushing yards on 39 carries with two touchdowns, averaging 83.7 yards per game.
- Ty Chandler has churned out a team-high 322 rushing yards (107.3 yards per game) and scored three touchdowns.
- This season Josh Downs has 24 catches and leads the team with 399 yards (133.0 per game) while hauling in four touchdowns.
- Antoine Green has chipped in with 148 yards on six catches and one touchdown. He averages 49.3 receiving yards per game this year.
- Emery Simmons has racked up 119 yards on six receptions with one touchdown, averaging 59.5 yards per game.
Georgia Tech Players To Watch
- Jordan Yates has passed for 592 yards while completing 67.1% of his throws (49-of-73), with five touchdowns and zero interceptions (197.3 yards per game). He’s also rushed 31 times for 54 yards and one touchdown, averaging 18.0 yards per game.
- Jahmyr Gibbs has churned out a team-high 185 rushing yards (61.7 yards per game). He has added seven catches for 78 yards (26.0 receiving yards per game).
- So far this year Jordan Mason has run for 127 yards on 30 carries (42.3 ypg).
- This season Kyric McGowan has 10 receptions for a team-high 181 receiving yards (60.3 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Malachi Carter has hauled in 12 catches for 179 yards (59.7 yards per game).
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News