The Green Bay Packers (0-1) are set for an NFC North matchup in Week 2 against the Detroit Lions (0-1). The Packers ( ) and the Lions ( to win on the moneyline) kick off the action on September 20, 2021 at 8:15 PM ET on ESPN. A point total of points has been set for the game by oddsmakers.
In this article we will provide you with the best odds available and explain what you need to know to make a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, weather conditions, and injury updates.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 15, 2021, 10:20 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Packers Vs. Lions Betting Odds
Packers Vs. Lions Player Props
Packers Vs. Lions Betting Angles
This feed is updated automatically when something happens.
Packers Vs. Lions Weather
A weather forecast for Green Bay on September 20 is not yet available (as of 10:20 PM on September 15).
Packers Vs. Lions Injury Report
Green Bay Injuries
|David Bakhtiari||OT||Knee (acl)||Out|
|Shaun Dion Hamilton||ILB||Undisclosed||Out|
|Tim Boyle||QB||Broken Thumb||Out|
|Jeff Okudah||CB||Torn Achilles||Out|
Packers Offense Vs. Lions Defense (2020)
|Packers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Lions Defense|
|31.8 (1)||Points/Gm||32.4 (32)|
|0.51 (1)||Points/Play||0.49 (32)|
|389.0 (5)||Yards/Gm||419.8 (32)|
|268.7 (11)||Pass Yards/Gm||297.1 (30)|
|132.4 (8)||Rush Yards/Gm||134.9 (28)|
|6.3 (2)||Yards/Play||6.3 (31)|
|8.2 (3)||Yards/Pass||8.5 (32)|
|4.8 (5)||Yards/Rush||4.4 (14)|
|49.4% (2)||3rd Down %||47.2% (28)|
|80.0% (1)||Red Zone %||72.3% (31)|
|11 (1)||Turnovers||12 (31)|
|21 (2)||Sacks||24 (26)|
Lions Offense Vs. Packers Defense (2020)
|Lions Offense||Stats (Rank)||Packers Defense|
|23.6 (20)||Points/Gm||23.1 (13)|
|0.38 (16)||Points/Play||0.38 (16)|
|350.2 (20)||Yards/Gm||334.0 (9)|
|274.8 (8)||Pass Yards/Gm||237.1 (8)|
|93.7 (30)||Rush Yards/Gm||112.8 (13)|
|5.7 (14)||Yards/Play||5.5 (12)|
|7.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (12)|
|4.1 (24)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (16)|
|41.1% (15)||3rd Down %||39.5% (10)|
|66.0% (9)||Red Zone %||57.7% (8)|
|21 (17)||Turnovers||18 (25)|
|42 (23)||Sacks||41 (10)|
When The Packers Have The Ball (2020)
- The Lions allowed 0.49 points per play last season (32nd in league), while the Packers accumulated 0.51 (first).
- Green Bay had the first-best offense in the NFL last season (31.8 points per game), and will be up against the 32nd-ranked defense in the league from a year ago (Detroit allowed 32.4 ppg).
- The Packers’ offense was first-ranked in the league in terms of turnovers allowed last year (11), and are playing the 31st-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Lions (12).
- Green Bay was first in the NFL in red-zone offense last season (80.0%), and will be facing the 31st-ranked red-zone defense from a year ago, owned by Detroit (72.3%).
When The Lions Have The Ball (2020)
- The Packers allowed 112.8 rushing yards per game last year (13th in NFL). The Lions’ running game was 30th in the league (93.7).
- Detroit’s pass protection resulted in 42 sacks given up last season, 10th-most in the league. Green Bay’s defense compiled 41 (10th-most).
- The Lions averaged 350.2 yards per game last year to rank 20th in the NFL. They will be facing a Packers defense that was ranked ninth, allowing 334.0 yards per game.
- Green Bay ranked 25th in the league with 18 turnovers forced last year, while Detroit committed 21 (17th).
Packers Betting Trends And Insights
- Green Bay won 10 games against the spread last season, while failing to cover six times.
- The Packers were favored by 11.5 points or more last season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Green Bay’s games went over the point total nine out of 16 times last season.
- In 14 games last season, Green Bay and its opponents went over 48 total points.
- The Packers were the moneyline favorite 13 total times last season. They finished 11-2 in those games.
Lions Betting Trends And Insights
- Detroit put together a 7-9-0 record against the spread last year.
- The Lions did not cover the spread when an underdog by 11.5 points or more last year (in one opportunity).
- Detroit’s games hit the over 10 out of 16 times last year.
- Detroit combined with its opponents to score more than 48 points in 14 of 16 games last season.
- Last season, the Lions won three out of the 12 games, or 25%, in which they were the underdog.
Packers Players To Watch
- Aaron Rodgers recorded 4,299 passing yards (268.7 yards per game) with a 70.7% completion percentage last year (372-of-526), while throwing 48 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- Aaron Jones took 201 attempts for 1,104 rushing yards a season ago (69.0 yards per game) while scoring nine touchdowns. He also caught 47 passes for 355 yards (22.2 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Last season A.J. Dillon ran for 242 yards on 46 carries (15.1 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- Last season, Davante Adams was targeted 148 times and collected 115 catches for 1,374 yards (85.9 ypg) with 18 touchdowns.
- Marquez Valdes-Scantling tacked on 690 yards on 33 grabs and six touchdowns. He was targeted 63 times and averaged 43.1 receiving yards per game last year.
- Robert Tonyan caught 52 passes on 59 targets for 586 yards and 11 touchdowns, averaging 36.6 yards per game last season.
- Last season, Za’Darius Smith piled up 12.5 sacks, 16.5 TFL and 69 tackles.
- In last year’s campaign, De’Vondre Campbell racked up 129 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and 2.0 sacks.
- Darnell Savage Jr. picked off four passes while adding 94 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 12 passes defended a season ago.
Lions Players To Watch
- Jared Goff threw for 3,952 yards while completing 67% of his passes (370-of-552), with 20 touchdowns and 13 interceptions last year (247.0 yards per game).
- D’Andre Swift rushed for 521 yards on 114 attempts (32.6 yards per game) while scoring eight touchdowns a season ago. He also averaged 22.3 receiving yards per game, grabbing 46 passes for 357 yards and two touchdowns.
- Last season Jamaal Williams rushed for 505 yards on 119 carries (31.6 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns.
- T.J. Hockenson grabbed 67 passes for 723 yards last season and scored six touchdowns. He was targeted 101 times, and averaged 45.2 yards per game.
- Last season Quintez Cephus caught 20 passes on 35 targets for 349 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 21.8 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Romeo Okwara racked up 10.0 sacks, 14.0 TFL and 56 tackles.
- Jamie Collins Sr. collected 147 tackles, 6.5 TFL, 1.0 sack, and one interception over the course of his 2020 campaign.
- Dean Marlowe intercepted two passes and tacked on 28 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and three passes defended last season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News