The San Diego Padres (73-64) host the Los Angeles Angels (68-70) at 10:10 PM ET on Tuesday, featuring a battle between top-five power hitters. Fernando Tatis Jr. has 37 home runs (fourth in the league) for the Padres, and Shohei Ohtani ranks first in MLB play with 43 long balls this season for the Angels. San Diego (to win) is projected to start Blake Snell, while Los Angeles ( ) has yet to name a starting pitcher.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 7, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Padres vs Angels Betting Odds
Padres Probable Starter Blake Snell
- The Padres are sending Snell (7-5) to the mound for his 26th start of the season. He is 7-5 with a 4.31 ERA and 159 strikeouts in 121 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Wednesday, the lefty went seven scoreless innings against the Diamondbacks without surrendering a hit.
- The opposing Angels offense has the 12th-ranked slugging percentage (.413) and is 16th in MLB play with 166 home runs. They have a collective .248 batting average, and are sixth in the league with 1149 total hits and 14th in MLB action scoring 621 runs.
- The Padres are 9-8 in Snell’s 17 starts this season with San Diego as the moneyline favorite.
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of September 7, 2021 at 12:08 AM ET and may change up to the start of game.
Angels Stats vs Snell
Padres Betting Trends
- The Padres average 4.4 runs per game at home compared to 4.9 per contest on the road.
- The Padres rank 11th in runs scored with 633, 4.6 per game.
- The Padres have been favored on the moneyline 111 total times this season. They’ve gone 65-46 in those games.
- San Diego has played as a moneyline favorite of -335 or shorter in only one game this season, which they won.
- San Diego has had an over/under set by bookmakers 137 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 70 of those games (70-63-4).
- San Diego played as the moneyline favorite for seven of its last 10 games, and went 5-2 in those matchups.
$1,000 Risk Free Bet
$10 Free Weekly Bet
Use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Angels Betting Trends
- The Angels have scored the 14th-most runs in the league this season with 621 (4.5 per game).
- They’ve scored 4.2 runs per game this season on the road while averaging 4.8 at home.
- This season, the Angels have been the underdog 69 times and won 30, or 43.5%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has played as an underdog of +260 or more twice this season and lost both games.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 75 of 138 chances this season.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in five of its past 10 games and has won three of those contests.
Padres Players to Watch
- Tatis has launched a team-high 37 home runs.
- Tatis ranks fourth in HR (37), and 19th in RBI (85) among the qualified hitters in baseball.
- Manny Machado has racked up 89 runs batted in to pace his team.
- Among qualifying hitters in MLB play, Machado’s 89 RBI rank 11th.
- Machado has hit safely in nine straight games. During that streak he is hitting .342 with four doubles, two home runs, two walks and five RBIs.
Padres Batting Stats (2021)
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||386||.280||89||37||85||.359||.994|
Angels Players to Watch
- Ohtani leads Los Angeles in home runs (43) and runs batted in (93) this season while batting .255.
- Ohtani ranks first in HR (43), and sixth in RBI (93) among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Jared Walsh is batting .270 with an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .501 this season.
- Walsh’s hits and batting average fall outside of league leaders among all qualified batters in the league.
- Walsh enters this game on a seven-game hit streak. He’s hitting .423 over that span with two homers.
Angels Batting Stats (2021)
Padres vs Angels Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News