Fernando Tatis Jr. and Shohei Ohtani go head-to-head in a battle between top-five sluggers when the San Diego Padres (73-65) and the Los Angeles Angels (69-70) meet at 8:10 PM ET on Wednesday at PETCO Park. Tatis has 37 homers (fifth in the league) for the Padres, and Ohtani ranks first in MLB play with 43 dingers this season for the Angels. Los Angeles () has not named a starter while San Diego ( to win) is projected to start Yu Darvish.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 8, 2021, 6:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Padres vs Angels Betting Odds
Padres Probable Starter Yu Darvish
- The Padres will send Darvish (7-9) to the mound for his 26th start of the season. He is 7-9 with a 4.05 ERA and 167 strikeouts in 140 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Diamondbacks, the right-hander went 2 2/3 innings, giving up five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The opposing Angels offense has the 13th-ranked slugging percentage (.412) and ranks 16th in MLB play with 167 home runs. They have a collective .247 batting average, and are seventh in the league with 1154 total hits and 14th in MLB play scoring 625 runs.
- The Padres have been favored on the moneyline in 22 of Darvish’s starts this season, and they went 14-8 in those matchups.
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of September 8, 2021 at 6:08 AM ET and may change up to the start of game.
Angels Stats vs Darvish
Padres Betting Trends
- The Padres score an average of 4.3 runs per game at home and 4.9 per contest away from PETCO Park.
- The Padres have the No. 12 offense in MLB play scoring 4.6 runs per game (633 total runs).
- The Padres have compiled a 65-47 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 58% of those games).
- San Diego is 33-25 (winning 56.9% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -180 or shorter.
- San Diego has played in 138 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 70 times (70-64-4).
- San Diego went 5-3 over the eight games it was favored on the moneyline in its last 10 matchups.
$1,000 Risk Free Bet
$10 Free Weekly Bet
Use Bonus Code: PLAYBONUS
Angels Betting Trends
- The Angels have scored the 14th-most runs in the league this season with 625 (4.5 per game).
- In away games this season, they have scored a total of 284 runs (4.2 per game) while plating 341 total at home, an average of 4.8 per contest.
- The Angels have entered the game as underdogs 70 times this season and won 31, or 44.3%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has entered 14 games this season as the underdog by +155 or more and is 6-8 in those contests.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have hit the over in 75 of their 139 games with a total this season.
- Los Angeles has played as the underdog in six of its past 10 games and won four of those contests.
Padres Players to Watch
- Tatis leads the Padres with 37 home runs.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB action, Tatis’ 37 HR rank fifth, and his 85 RBI rank 19th.
- Manny Machado has capitalized on opportunities as he paces his team with 89 runs batted in.
- Among the qualifying batters in baseball, Machado’s 89 RBI rank 14th.
- Machado has hit safely in 10 straight games. During that streak he is batting .341 with four doubles, two home runs, three walks and five RBIs.
Padres Batting Stats (2021)
|Fernando Tatis Jr.||390||.277||89||37||85||.356||.984|
Angels Players to Watch
- Ohtani leads Los Angeles in home runs with 43 and runs batted in with 93.
- Ohtani’s 43 HR rank first, and his 93 RBI rank seventh among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Jared Walsh has 120 hits and an OBP of .324 to go with a slugging percentage of .501 this season.
- Walsh is not among league leaders in hits and batting average among qualified hitters in the majors.
Angels Batting Stats (2021)
Padres vs Angels Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News