The New England Patriots (0-0) are set for an AFC East matchup in Week 1 with the Miami Dolphins (0-0). The Dolphins ( moneyline odds to win) will visit the Patriots ( ) on September 12, 2021 at 4:25 PM ET on CBS. A point total of points has been set for the game.
In this article we surface key metrics, injury statuses, weather conditions, and updated odds — everything you need before making a bet on the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 10, 2021, 6:19 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Patriots Vs. Dolphins Betting Odds
Patriots Vs. Dolphins Player Props
Patriots Vs. Dolphins Weather
A high temperature of 81 degrees Fahrenheit, with few clouds and 10 mph winds, are the expected conditions at Gillette Stadium on Sunday (as of 6:19 AM on September 10).
Patriots Vs. Dolphins Injury Report
New England Injuries
|William Fuller V||WR||Suspension||Out|
|Lynn Bowden Jr.||WR||Hamstring||Out|
Patriots Offense Vs. Dolphins Defense (2020)
|Patriots Offense||Stats (Rank)||Dolphins Defense|
|20.4 (27)||Points/Gm||21.1 (5)|
|0.33 (25)||Points/Play||0.34 (6)|
|327.3 (27)||Yards/Gm||367.9 (20)|
|195.3 (30)||Pass Yards/Gm||273.3 (27)|
|146.6 (4)||Rush Yards/Gm||116.4 (16)|
|5.3 (21)||Yards/Play||5.9 (23)|
|7.1 (19)||Yards/Pass||8.0 (29)|
|4.7 (8)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (16)|
|40.9% (16)||3rd Down %||31.2% (1)|
|54.2% (23)||Red Zone %||57.4% (7)|
|19 (14)||Turnovers||29 (1)|
|37 (19)||Sacks||41 (10)|
Dolphins Offense Vs. Patriots Defense (2020)
|Dolphins Offense||Stats (Rank)||Patriots Defense|
|25.3 (15)||Points/Gm||22.1 (7)|
|0.40 (13)||Points/Play||0.36 (12)|
|339.0 (22)||Yards/Gm||353.8 (15)|
|246.1 (21)||Pass Yards/Gm||232.6 (6)|
|105.5 (22)||Rush Yards/Gm||131.4 (26)|
|5.3 (21)||Yards/Play||5.8 (22)|
|7.0 (23)||Yards/Pass||7.5 (23)|
|3.9 (29)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (16)|
|38.6% (27)||3rd Down %||40.9% (16)|
|58.3% (17)||Red Zone %||65.3% (27)|
|20 (16)||Turnovers||22 (10)|
|34 (15)||Sacks||24 (26)|
When The Patriots Have The Ball (2020)
- The Patriots’ offense was ranked 27th in the NFL last season at 20.4 points per game. They will be up against the Dolphins’ defense, which gave up 21.1 per game (fifth in the league).
- Last season New England had a 0.33 point-per-play average (25th in the NFL), while Miami gave up 0.34 per play (sixth in the league a year ago).
- The Patriots had the No. 23 offense in the NFL in converting red-zone opportunities last season (54.2%), and will be up against the Dolphins’ seventh-ranked defense in that category (57.4%).
- New England had a 40.9% third-down conversion rate a season ago, 16th in the NFL. Miami allowed third-down conversions on 31.2% of its opponents’ attempts (first).
When The Dolphins Have The Ball (2020)
- The Dolphins’ 246.1 passing yards per game ranked 21st in the NFL last year. The Patriots’ defense allowed 232.6 through the air (sixth).
- Miami ranked 29th in the NFL averaging 3.9 yards per carry last year. New England gave up 4.5 per rushing attempt (16th in the league).
- The Dolphins gave up 34 sacks last season (15th-fewest in league), while the Patriots’ defense racked up 24 (seventh-fewest).
- Miami had a 38.6% third-down conversion rate a season ago, 27th in the NFL. New England allowed third-down conversions on 40.9% of its opponents’ attempts (16th).
Patriots Betting Trends And Insights
- New England won seven games against the spread last season, while failing to cover nine times.
- The Patriots covered the spread twice when favored by 3.5 points or more last season (in four opportunities).
- New England’s games hit the over five out of 16 times last season.
- New England’s games last season went over this contest’s total of 43.5 points seven times.
- The Patriots put together a 4-4 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 50% of those games).
Dolphins Betting Trends And Insights
- Miami put together an 11-5-0 record against the spread last season.
- When playing as at least 3.5-point underdogs last year, the Dolphins had an ATS record of 5-2.
- Miami and its opponents combined to go over the point total seven out of 16 times last year.
- Miami’s games last season had a combined scoring total higher than 43.5 points in 10 of 16 outings.
- The Dolphins won five of the nine games they played as underdogs last season.
Patriots Players To Watch
- Damien Harris rushed for 691 yards on 137 carries (57.6 yards per game) while scoring two touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year, James White rushed for 121 yards on 35 carries (7.6 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns. He also caught 49 passes for 375 yards (23.4 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Last season, Nelson Agholor was targeted 82 times and collected 48 catches for 896 yards (56.0 ypg) and scored eight touchdowns.
- Jakobi Meyers’ stat line last year showed 59 catches for 729 yards. He averaged 45.6 receiving yards per game and was targeted 81 times.
- Kendrick Bourne caught 49 passes on 74 targets for 667 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 41.7 yards per game last season.
- Last season, Kyle Van Noy put up 6.0 sacks, 12.0 TFL and 92 tackles.
- In last year’s campaign, Adrian Phillips collected 142 tackles, 7.5 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two interceptions.
- J.C. Jackson picked off nine passes while adding 46 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 14 passes defended a season ago.
Dolphins Players To Watch
- Tua Tagovailoa threw for 1,814 yards while completing 64.1% of his passes (186-of-290), with 11 touchdowns and five interceptions last year (113.4 yards per game).
- Myles Gaskin took 142 attempts for 584 rushing yards a season ago (48.7 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns. He also caught 41 passes for 388 yards (32.3 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Last season Malcolm Brown rushed for 419 yards on 101 carries (26.2 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns.
- Last season DeVante Parker was targeted 103 times and had 63 catches for 793 yards (49.6 ypg) with four touchdowns.
- Mike Gesicki also chipped in with 53 catches for 703 yards and six touchdowns last year. He was targeted 85 times and put up 43.9 receiving yards per game.
- Emmanuel Ogbah put together an impressive stat line of 9.0 sacks, 10.5 TFL and 59 tackles.
- Jerome Baker’s 2020 campaign saw him total 154 tackles, 8.0 TFL, and 7.0 sacks.
- Xavien Howard intercepted 10 passes and tacked on 62 tackles, 1.0 TFL, and 20 passes defended last season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News