The No. 4 Penn State Nittany Lions (4-0, 1-0 Big Ten) will fight to keep their four-game winning streak intact in matchup against the Indiana Hoosiers (2-2, 0-1 Big Ten). The Hoosiers,on the moneyline to win, visit the Nittany Lions, listed at on the spread, on October 2, 2021 at 7:30 PM ET. Bookmakers have set the matchup’s total at .
Before making a bet on this game, take a look at this article to see the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 29, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Penn State Vs. Indiana Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Penn State Offense Vs. Indiana Defense
|Nittany Lions Offense||Stats (Rank)||Hoosiers Defense|
|31.5 (57)||Points/Gm||29.3 (93)|
|421.3 (51)||Yards/Gm||337.5 (56)|
|307.8 (17)||Pass Yards/Gm||229.0 (77)|
|113.5 (108)||Rush Yards/Gm||108.5 (33)|
|9.6 (16)||Yards/Pass||6.2 (33)|
|3.4 (106)||Yards/Rush||3.8 (61)|
|35.4% (93)||3rd Down %||30.0% (27)|
|2 (12)||Turnovers||4 (71)|
|5 (42)||Sacks||4 (93)|
Indiana Offense Vs. Penn State Defense
|Indiana Offense||Stats (Rank)||Penn State Defense|
|29.8 (65)||Points/Gm||15.0 (12)|
|363.5 (91)||Yards/Gm||325.3 (47)|
|228.0 (68)||Pass Yards/Gm||204.5 (51)|
|135.5 (86)||Rush Yards/Gm||120.8 (47)|
|6.2 (107)||Yards/Pass||5.3 (13)|
|3.5 (99)||Yards/Rush||3.2 (33)|
|44.8% (40)||3rd Down %||36.2% (64)|
|7 (97)||Turnovers||6 (32)|
|5 (42)||Sacks||5 (82)|
When Penn State Has The Ball
- The Hoosiers allow 108.5 rushing yards per game (33rd in the FBS). The Nittany Lions’ rushing game ranks 108th in college football (113.5).
- Penn State is 93rd in the FBS in third-down percentage (35.4%), and will be facing the 27th-ranked Indiana third-down defense (30.0%).
- The Hoosiers’ defense allows 229.0 yards through the air per game (77th in the FBS). The Nittany Lions’ 307.8 passing yards per game is 17th in college football.
- Indiana ranks 71st in college football with four turnovers forced, while Penn State has committed two (12th).
When Indiana Has The Ball
- The Hoosiers’ offense averages 6.2 yards per pass attempt (107th in the FBS). The Nittany Lions’ defense allows 5.3 yards per passing play (13th in college football).
- Indiana ranks 99th in the FBS averaging 3.5 yards per carry. Penn State allows 3.2 per rushing attempt (33rd in college football).
- The Hoosiers rank 97th in college football, committing seven turnovers this season, while the Nittany Lions are 32nd with six turnovers forced.
- Indiana’s offense ranks 65th in the FBS at 29.8 points per game. It will be facing Penn State’s defense which allows 15.0 per game (12th in college football).
Penn State Betting Trends And Insights
- Penn State has compiled a 3-1-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Nittany Lions have been favored by 12.5 points or more two times this season, and covered the spread in one of those games.
- Penn State’s games have hit the over just once this season.
- Penn State and its opponents have combined to score more than 53.5 points twice this season (over four games).
- The Nittany Lions have been listed as the moneyline favorite only two other times so far this season, and they won both of the games.
Indiana Betting Trends And Insights
- Indiana has a record of 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- A total of three Indiana games this season have hit the over.
- Indiana has played three games this season that have had more than 53.5 combined points scored.
- The Hoosiers have lost both games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Penn State Players To Watch
- This year, Sean Clifford has racked up 1,158 passing yards (289.5 yards per game) while connecting on 86 of 120 passes (71.7% completion percentage), with eight touchdowns and two interceptions. He has added 79 rushing yards on 31 carries (plus one touchdown), averaging 19.8 yards per game.
- Noah Cain has churned out a team-best 164 rushing yards (41.0 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Keyvone Lee has 100 yards on 20 carries (25.0 ypg).
- Jahan Dotson has reeled in 27 passes for a team-high 362 yards with four touchdowns. He averages 90.5 yards per game.
- Parker Washington has hauled in 23 catches for 301 yards (75.3 yards per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season Keandre Lambert has caught 11 passes for 199 yards and one touchdown, averaging 49.8 receiving yards per game.
Indiana Players To Watch
- Michael Penix Jr. has passed for 821 yards while completing 55% of his throws (77-of-140), with four touchdowns and six interceptions (205.3 yards per game).
- Stephen Carr has churned out a team-high 336 rushing yards (84.0 yards per game) and scored three touchdowns.
- Tim Baldwin Jr. has 102 yards on 27 carries (25.5 ypg).
- Ty Fryfogle has 21 catches, leading his team with 224 yards (56.0 ypg) while scoring one touchdown this season.
- Peyton Hendershot has tacked on 180 yards (on 15 catches) and one touchdown.
- D.J. Matthews Jr. has caught 14 passes for 170 yards, averaging 42.5 yards per game this year.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News