The Charlotte Hornets (27-28) are 4-point underdogs as they attempt to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Portland Trail Blazers (32-23) on Sunday, April 18, 2021 at Spectrum Center. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on NBCS-NW. The matchup has an over/under of 217.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of April 18, 2021, 10:25 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Trail Blazers vs Hornets Betting Odds
Trail Blazers vs Hornets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 18
Damian Lillard: Out (Hamstring),
Zach Collins: Out (Ankle)
Gordon Hayward: Out (Foot),
Nate Darling: Out (Ankle),
P.J. Washington: Day To Day (Ankle),
Devonte’ Graham: Day To Day (Quad),
LaMelo Ball: Out (Wrist),
Malik Monk: Out (Ankle)
Trail Blazers and Hornets Records ATS
- Portland is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 27-28
- When favored by at least 4 points, the Trail Blazers are 10-11 against the spread in 2020-21.
- 29 of 55 Portland games this season (52.7%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Charlotte has a 29-25-1 record ATS this season.
- When they play as at least a 4-point underdog, the Hornets tend to cover the spread with a 4-2 record against the spread.
- 47.3% of Charlotte’s 55 games this season have gone over the over/under.
Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/1/2021||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-8||230||-335||268||Regular Season||123-111 POR|
- In Portland’s matchups this season, the Trail Blazers and their opponents have exceeded Sunday’s over/under of 217.5 points 44 times (80% of opportunities).
- 32 Charlotte games this year (58.2% of its matchups) ended with a final score greater than Sunday’s total of 217.5 points.
- The Trail Blazers have seen a 229.3 average over/under in their games this season, 11.8 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- A difference of 4.4 points separates the average total points bet in Hornets’ games (221.9 points) and this matchup’s over/under (217.5 points).
- The average implied total for the Trail Blazers this season is 117.4 points, 6.4 more points than their implied total of 111 points in Sunday’s game.
- This season, Portland has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (111) 36 times.
- The Hornets’ average implied point total on the season (114.6 points) is 7.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (107 points).
- Charlotte has scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points 37 times this season.
- The Trail Blazers are the league’s sixth-highest scoring team (114.6 PPG), while the Hornets allow the 16th-fewest points per game (111.7) in NBA play.
- The Trail Blazers have a -10-point scoring differential on the season (-0.2 per game). The Hornets have also been out-scored by opponents on average this year (-77 total points, -1.4 per game).
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Damian Lillard leads the Trail Blazers in scoring (28.7 points per game) and assisting (7.7 assists per game).
- Lillard’s assists prop over/under for the contest is listed at 7.5 assists, 0.2 lower than his season average of 7.7.
- Portland’s rebounding leader is Enes Kanter, who grabs 11.9 per game.
- Kanter’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 23.5, 1.7 less than his season average of 25.2.
- The Trail Blazers are led by Lillard from beyond the arc. He makes 4.1 shots from deep per game.
- Lillard’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 4.1.
- Robert Covington leads Portland in both blocks and steals, averaging 1.3 blocks and 1.6 steals per game.
- Covington’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- Terry Rozier outpaced his teammates on the Hornets scoring front by putting up 20.4 points per game. He adds 4.2 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game this season.
- Rozier’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 18.5, 1.9 points less than his season average of 20.4.
- Cody Zeller (7.2 rebounds per game) and LaMelo Ball (6.1 assists per game) are the Charlotte leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Zeller’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is posted at 8.5 boards, 1.3 rebounds higher than his season average of 7.2.
- Rozier makes more threes per game than any other member of the Hornets, cashing in 3.3 treys per game.
- Rozier’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, 0.2 shots greater than his season average of 3.3.
- Ball is at the top of Charlotte’s steals hierarchy with 1.6 steals per game and P.J. Washington leads the squad in blocks with 1.3 per game.
- Washington’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks higher than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from
Business News Governmental News Finance News