David Imel / Android Authority
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE update hub. Here you’ll find the latest information on updates to Samsung’s flagship foldable phone. We’ll detail the current software versions for the device and alert you if there’s a new update rolling out. Samsung usually pushes out One UI updates regularly, but availability may be affected by variant, carrier, and region.
- Current stable version: Android 11
- When will the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE get Android 12? 2022 (Estimated)
Latest Samsung Galaxy S20 FE updates
We’re still two days away from September, but Galaxy S20 FE owners are now reporting that they’re receiving the September 2021 security patch. The download weighs in at 747MB to 788MB and was spotted by redditors with 4G and 5G models in Brazil, Italy, and Switzerland.
A redditor also claimed that the update brought touchscreen response improvements. So those of you suffering from touch-related issues should probably give this a download. To check if an update is available, head to Settings > Software updates on your device.
Previous Samsung Galaxy S20 FE updates
- July 30, 2021: Samsung rolled out the G780FXXU4CUG5 update to the Galaxy S20 FE, bringing the July 2021 Android security patch with it. The update was 330MB in size and was first spotted on the Exynos LTE version of the device, per SamMobile.
- July 8, 2021: Firmware version G780FXXU4CUG1 arrived (h/t SamMobile) with several security patches in tow.
- April 12, 2021: Firmware version G781BXXU2CUD1 rolled out to the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G. According to SamMobile, the update included no notable change bar the April 2021 Android security patch.
- March 24, 2021: A host of camera updates arrived with firmware G781BXXU2CUC6 including new portrait mode effects and the ability to use the ultra-wide camera in Pro mode.
- February 19, 2021: One UI 3.1 rolled out to devices after the initial update was pulled. The patch included firmware version G781BXXU2CUB5 and came in at a weighty 1.7GB.
- December 25, 2020: One UI 3.0 arrived in the form of firmware version G780FXXU1BTL1 and G781BXXU1BTL4 for the 4G and 5G models, respectively. This came after reports that devices in Russia received the update a week prior.
Business News Governmental News Finance News