- You can delete apps on an Apple Watch from your iPhone’s Watch app, or through the Watch’s app screen.
- Deleting apps you don’t need from your Apple Watch is the best way to make space for updates.
- You can also disable automatic app installation, so new apps won’t be added to your Apple Watch automatically.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
It’s convenient to have a lot of apps on your Apple Watch, but too many apps can overwhelm the tiny screen, making it hard to easily find or add what you need. It also takes up room that could be better used for updates or installing apps you need more.
If you want to reduce clutter, reclaim memory on your Watch, or simply eliminate apps that you never use, you can delete them from your iPhone or through the watch itself.
How to delete apps on an Apple Watch using your iPhone
1. On your iPhone, start the Watch app.
2. Make sure you’re on the “My Watch” tab at the bottom of the screen, and then scroll down to the “Installed on Apple Watch” section in the main window.
3. Find an app you want to delete from your watch and then tap it.
4. On the app’s details page, turn off the app by swiping the button to the left. It’ll be immediately deleted from your watch.
How to delete apps on an Apple Watch using your Watch
You can also delete apps from your watch directly from the watch face, though the process will vary slightly depending upon how your watch is configured.
To start, press the Digital Crown to display your apps.
Business News Governmental News Finance News