UK-news

Dillian Whyte to pursue Tyson Fury fight after withdrawing from Otto Wallin bout

Whyte was forced to pull out of his fight against Wallin next weekend and the Brit looks set to face WBC heavyweight champion Fury instead

Where does Tyson Fury’s win leave the world heavyweight scene?

Eddie Hearn is confident Dillian Whyte will fight Tyson Fury next after pulling out of his fight against Otto Wallin on October 30.

Whyte said he was “gutted” after a shoulder injury in sparring forced him to withdraw against Wallin earlier this week.

The card will go ahead with Chantelle Cameron’s world title fight against Mary McGee now headlining the event.

Some fans have accused the WBC mandatory challenger Whyte of faking his injury to force a world title shot against Fury.

And Hearn said that while Whyte will likely fight Fury next, he laughed off claims he faked his injury.

He told iFL TV : “We got this news about Tyson Fury three weeks ago, we all talked about the news. It was never discussed ‘oh shall we pull out’.



Dillian Whyte is the WBC mandatory challenger




“But obviously people are saying ‘why would you fight Otto Wallin when you’re gonna fight Tyson Fury?’ Dillian Whyte made the decision to move forward with the fight.

“I would think Dillian Whyte’s next fight will be Tyson Fury, but we’ll have to see.

“I’m not ruling out the Otto Wallin fight, that’s a fight that’s at our discretion to reschedule. Dillian should be back early next year, hopefully against Tyson Fury.”

Hearn said Wallin was offered Alen Babic as a replacement for Whyte, but the Swede’s team turned down the fight.

Babic fights Eric Molina in the co-main event of the October 30 card.

Should Whyte be next in line for Fury? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below







Wallin’s promoter – Dmitry Salita – demanded medical proof of Whyte’s injury and said they will appeal to the WBC to reschedule the fight, scuppering plans of Whyte facing Fury.

Whyte has been waiting for his shot at the WBC title since 2017 after winning the silver title against Robert Helenius.

And Hearn continued: “I know Dmitry Salita and all these people are pissed off but to be honest with you, you’ve got Salita now writing to WBC saying ‘Otto Wallin must get his shot at Fury’.

“Mate, you were just a voluntary defence. You were 20th in the rankings. This was just a standard defence for Dillian Whyte. He was happy to take that defence.

“There’s no mucking around on the injury at all. He’s not fit to fight, that’s the truth. Yes, if this was his last fight, what would he have done? Probably still pulled out.

“He’s in pain. It’s not like, it might break down after 11 rounds. He’s in pain without training, so it’s a no brainer. The doctors looked at it and said no.”


Read More





Read More





Most Related Links :
Business News Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button