UK-news

Girl, 2, dies breathing in toxic fumes after fire ripped through caravan on trip

Louisana Brooke Dolan, from Notts., had been staying at the Sealands Caravan Park in Lincs. when tragedy struck – her mum Natasha Broadley and three older siblings survived

Louisiana was with her mum Natasha and three older siblings when the blaze ripped through their caravan

A two-year-old girl died after breathing in toxic fumes after a fire tore through a caravan she was in, an inquest heard today.

Louisana Brooke Dolan, from Notts., had been staying at the Sealands Caravan Park in Lincs. when the caravan she was staying in caught fire on August 23.

Her mum Natasha Broadley and three older siblings survived and were discharged after treatment in hospital.

Paul Cooper, the Assistant Coroner for Lincolnshire, was told the body of little Louisiana was identified using DNA tests.

Giving evidence to the short hearing in Lincoln this morning, coroner’s officer Jacqui Foxlow said: “Sadly we were unable to establish a visual identification of the deceased.



This is one of the last images of Louisana enjoying herself at the caravan park and it was published by her family




“Samples were taken from a family member for DNA profiling.

“These have been compared against samples taken at post-mortem and consequently identity was confirmed.”

When asked about a cause of death, she added: “We have a provisional conclusion as ‘inhalation of the products of combustion’ which is pending toxicology and histology.”

The court head further tests could take up to two and a half months, but a final report is expected in the next few weeks.



An aerial image of the burnt-out caravan at the Sealands Caravan Park
(

Image:

PA)




Police inquiries are ongoing, the coroner was told, and reports have been requested from a GP, East Midlands Ambulance Service, and Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue.

The coroner adjourned the inquest to a date to be fixed.

The family were celebrating Natasha’s 34th birthday when the blaze tore through the caravan.

The children’s grandmother paid tribute to her family and said their hearts are broken after the loss of the “baby of our family”.



Girl, 2, dies breathing in toxic fumes after fire ripped through caravan on trip
Video Loading

Video Unavailable




Donna Broadley said she was looking after her daughter, who is a single mum-of-four from Newark, Notts, following the devastating fire.

Donna wrote in a Facebook post: “Our hearts are broken as wee wee was our baby of our family.

“These pictures was her last day having fun. Tash gave her everything she was her right leg.”


Read More





Read More





Most Related Links :
Business News Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button