Horrifying moment window falls out of fourth floor of building and narrowly misses father and son in East London
- A father and his son were returning home in Hackney after a shopping trip
- The window fell from the fourth floor of a flat, narrowly missing the pair
- As the pair entered the doorway the window crashed onto the pavement
- The housing association were made aware of a faulty window 6 weeks prior
This is the shocking moment a window falls from the fourth floor of an East London flat, narrowly missing a father and his son as they entered the building.
The pair had just returned from a shopping trip on Sunday, October 3 when the terrifying incident occurred on Clarence Road in Hackney.
The narrow-escape was captured on a ring doorbell as the window came crashing down to the pavement, causing glass to shatter all-over the doorway.
However, the damage might’ve been far greater had the father and son arrived just a few seconds later.
According to MyLondon, there have been longstanding issues with the window.
Ahmed Abdulreman, 26, whose father and brother the window almost struck, warned housing association Peabody of a rotting frame on August 31.
A contractor was arranged to inspect the loose window on September 9 but they were a no-show.
Eventually the window was inspected on September 21 but nothing was replaced, Ahmed was assured someone would be contacting him soon.
Several days passed by which point the glass was no longer attached to the frame.
Ahmed contacted Peabody again, saying: ‘I don’t want to be held responsible, because it could fall on anyone passing by walking – anyone.’
The pair had just returned from a shopping trip on Sunday, October 3 when the terrifying incident occurred on Clarence Road in Hackney
The narrow-escape was captured on a ring doorbell as the window came crashing down to the pavement, causing glass to shatter all-over the doorway
He was then told no one could come out until October 12, but Ahmed warned that if it was not fixed as soon as possible, it could cause a serious accident.
Ahmed’s 25-year-old brother is now suffering from PTSD, anxiety and nightmares following the horryfying experience.
Ahmed told MyLondon: ‘When I saw the video, I was worried for my brother because he’s suffering from anxiety and now PTSD, he’s unable to sleep at night – last night he woke up thinking the ceiling was going to drop on him, he’s just going through a lot.
Ahmed Abdulreman, 26, whose father and brother (pictured) the window almost struck, warned housing association Peabody of a rotting frame on August 31
Contractors didn’t come to board up Ahmed’s window until five hours later and didn’t clean up the shattered glass outside the house.
A Peabody spokesperson said: ‘This is a serious incident which should not have happened. The footage is very distressing and we are relieved and thankful that no-one was hurt. We have launched a full investigation into this with our contractor who was managing the repair on our behalf.
‘Repairs flagged as an emergency are always dealt with on the same day and we need to establish why this particular repair was not considered to be an emergency at any point.’
They added: ‘Our teams are supporting residents and will inspect all windows as part of the investigation, and we are notifying the relevant authorities about the incident. We will take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen again.
‘We understand people will be concerned and will want detailed answers from us which we’ll be able to do following a full review of all of the circumstances.’
Business News Governmental News Finance News