UK-news

‘Inconsolable’ Alec Baldwin ‘cancels other projects’ following fatal shooting

The actor was said to be ‘hysterical’ after he accidentally shot dead cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and injured director Joel Souza with a prop gun on Thursday on the set of the Western film

Alec Baldwin: Audio of 911 call released following shooting

Alec Baldwin has reportedly cancelled all his projects after he accidentally shot dead cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and seriously injured director Joel Souza on the set of his new movie.

The 63-year-old Hollywood star had been working on a new Western titled Rust when catastrophe struck on Thursday.

The actor discharged a prop gun – with a bullet tearing through 43-year-old Halyna, killing her, and the bullet continued it’s path and struck 48-year-old Joel who needed emergency hospital treatment.

Reports have stated that Alex is planning to take time away from work and out of the spotlight in the aftermath of the fatal incident.



Alec Baldwin was ‘inconsolable’ after killing one crew member and injuring another with a prop gun in an on-set accident
(

Image:

Getty Images)




A source told People: “This was pretty devastating.

“This is how he handles difficult times. Whenever something bad happens, in the short term, he removes himself from [the] public eye.

“Everyone knows this was an accident, but he’s absolutely devastated.”

The report also stated that Alec was “hysterical and absolutely inconsolable for hours” following the shooting at a 2,000 acre ranch in New Mexico last week.



Halyna Hutchins was shot dead by Alec during the incident on Thursday
(

Image:

INSTAGRAM)




Alec previously released a statement as Hollywood reeled from the news of the devastating accident.

He wrote: “There are no words to convey my shock and sadness regarding the tragic accident that took the life of Halyna Hutchins, a wife, mother and deeply admired colleague of ours.

“I’m fully cooperating with the police investigation to address how this tragedy occurred and I am in touch with her husband, offering my support to him and his family. My heart is broken for her husband, their son, and all who knew and loved Halyna.”

The full details of the incident are yet to be uncovered – including how a prop gun that had been deemed ‘cold’, which is code for safe to be used on set, had ended up being handed to the star when it in fact contained a bullet.

It is also unclear exactly why Alec pointed the gun at the tragic crew member and the director.





Reports last week suggested a number of crew had walked out of the production the day before the incident due to concerns over safety and work conditions.

The New York Post reports the unnamed prop master who oversaw the gun used in the fatal shooting had been “just brought in” to replace unionised staff who had walked out.

The LA Times claims crew had organised a walkout due to concerns over having accommodation for their filming an hour away from location – with some crew allegedly too tired to drive the hour at the end of the day.



Director Joel Souza was also injured in the incident
(

Image:

GETTY)




And on Friday, TMZ reported that a police warrant had shone some insight into the incident by revealing the gun used by Alec was “loaded with a live round.”

They reported: “The warrant says the assistant director didn’t know the gun was loaded, but it doesn’t mention who actually loaded the gun.”

And they go on to report that Alec’s “blood-stained costume from the movie has been taken as evidence, as well as the gun that went off, plus other prop guns and ammo being used on set.”


Read More





Read More





Most Related Links :
Business News Governmental News Finance News

Source link

Back to top button