Man wielding a knife takes staff hostage at Bristol petrol station as police send in negotiator
- Dramatic scenes unfolded this morning in the centre of Bristol in the south west
- Police were called to the scene after a knifeman went into the Esso garage
- Staff are currently holed up in a safe room and are in contact with officers
- Armed police and a negotiator are at the scene trying to solve situation
- One person has been taken to hospital with injuries not thought to be serious
A knifeman has currently taken staff at an Esso petrol station hostage in Bristol.
He is currently inside the shop of the petrol station while workers are uninjured in a safe room.
Police say they have surrounded the premises with armed officers and are trying to resolve the incident.
One person has been taken to hospital, but they are not thought to have been seriously hurt.
This is the petrol station where the hostage situation is understood to have developed
Avon and Somerset Police said: ‘ Police are at the scene of an incident which has led to the closure of Hengrove Way, Bristol today.
‘A man armed with a knife is inside the shop of the petrol station. Staff members are uninjured within a safe room and in contact with officers.
‘One person has left the scene and gone to hospital with injuries not believed life-threatening.
‘Armed officers and a negotiator have been deployed to try to bring the incident to a safe conclusion. Members of the public are urged to avoid the area.
More to follow
Business News Governmental News Finance News